Ranking the Top 100 College Football Teams for 2017: No. 40 Georgia Tech

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
@GTech63 said "I would add Lynch, Jeune, Possibly Stewart. We have a roster with more potential on O than we have ever had under CPJ.
Our issue is D. There is where I don't see any Morgans, Richards, Attachou, Gotsis..."

To heck with those guys, we don't have a Burnette, Nealy or Davis at LB. I'm really worried about that position and am preying Swilling is day 1 game ready. However, it's not his longtime hs position, he was a runningback.

Lynch, no doubt, and Searcy is up there himself too. We have some playmakers around the QB, whoever ends up there just needs to take what they're given and let the backs do the heavy lifting.
With all due respect, fellahs, the players being mentioned as "game-changing" talent are good players, but they aren't even considered third team all conference right now. It will be great if a few rise up to the occasion. But are you saying that Mills , Searcy, Braun, Stewart, Jeune, or Lynch have the ability to take over a game? We are down 12 at halftime, who takes the first snap 60 yards to score, ala Dwyer. Then comes back and breaks ankles in the secondary? Who is that player that the defense has to account for, so that players like a Roddy Jones gets 200 yards? Somebody said this offense is potentially the best CPJ has had at Tech. Huh?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
With all due respect, fellahs, the players being mentioned as "game-changing" talent are good players, but they aren't even considered third team all conference right now. It will be great if a few rise up to the occasion. But are you saying that Mills , Searcy, Braun, Stewart, Jeune, or Lynch have the ability to take over a game? We are down 12 at halftime, who takes the first snap 60 yards to score, ala Dwyer. Then comes back and breaks ankles in the secondary? Who is that player that the defense has to account for, so that players like a Roddy Jones gets 200 yards? Somebody said this offense is potentially the best CPJ has had at Tech. Huh?
Mills is preseason first team all acc.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Offensive game changers:

Mills is first team ACC.

Lynch has the stats to be first ACC and has the game day nerves as Smelter.

Qua (he has made some game changing plays: pass in the BC game and the leap)

I cannot wait to see what Nathan can do as well as the possibility of TQM at AB (if he decides to change).

I believe Benson will also be eligible for first team ACC and a game changer.

Parker Braun should be on the first team ACC and is a game changer.

Offensive game changers:

Mills is first team ACC.

Lynch has the stats to be first ACC and has the game day nerves as Smelter.

Qua (he has made some game changing plays: pass in the BC game and the leap)

I cannot wait to see what Nathan can do as well as the possibility of TQM at AB (if he decides to change).

I believe Benson will also be eligible for first team ACC and a game changer.

Parker Braun should be on the first team ACC and is a game changer.
Is Cottrell going to see the field? As usual we have a crowd at A-back.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
@Jean-Baptiste Rochambeau

Qua, JJ, and Lynch would be the main three to start.

5 A-Backs are needed to get through the year. Nat and one more will play significant snaps.
I feel like Gantt will be the fifth in the rotation. Maybe TQM if he makes the switch. I just really want him to see the field and since CPJ is high on the freshmen, I would really like to see this switch.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I am probably overly optimistic but barring an unusually high level of injuries I think we will have a very good year. If we get good backup o-line play from the Morgan twins or others and if Simmons and/or someone else provides us with a consistent pass rush this year could be comparable to 2014. Since I wouldn't be surprised for that to happen, I can't wait for the season to start.