Rank Your Excitement for 2022

On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you for this season of Tech football?

Votes: 31 14.0%

Votes: 27 12.2%

Votes: 40 18.1%

Votes: 16 7.2%

Votes: 15 6.8%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 10 4.5%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 36 16.3%

• Total voters

kalld12

Banned
The comment, or the three-win seasons? As for "old", the three-win seasons have been around longer than the comment. Just sayin'.

But that having been said, I'm pumped to see what the new coaches can bring. I think we'll be significantly, if not substantially improved. I gave it a 9.
Comment. Could have just as easily said 3 and provided more context on why its "3" other than becuz it matches our win total of the last 3 seasons. By that math, it would be 9 if you total up the wins over the last 3 years.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Always excited for football but it doesn't feel as exciting as years past because I get drained about 6-7 games in after we've lost 4-5 games. I always felt we had a chance to shock some teams in years past, but now I feel like we'll be lucky to pull out 5 wins, which makes me a lot less excited for the season. If we start out 3-3 or 4-2 I will definitely be more focused on the second half of the season than I have been in a few years.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
My avatar says it all: fractal pattern with 3-fold symmetry, generated from the Madelbrot Set. Created it way back (...end of the 2020 season?...), probably because of the three-win ceiling we have been demonstrating. That was certainly my enthusiasm level at the end of the 2020 season.

Heading into last season I got my hopes up, and generated 4-fold through 8-fold fractal avatars...you know, because there might be a reason to switch upward as the season progressed. Don't need to explain to y'all why my avatar didn't change last season.

So here I am still sitting on a "3" for enthusiasm...but I do have those higher-order avatars saved somewhere on my computer. I look forward to the day when I have to wrestle with the Mandelbrot Set to find that elusive 15-fold symmetry.

(Yes, I am a nerd.)

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Locked in at a:
Jeff Sims GIF by Georgia Tech Football

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
And I would like to note, that nobody thought we would be ANYTHING at all in 2014. And that ended up being our best year in a long long time. So there is hope. Granted, we don't have the same flexbone magic of just putting some defensive coordinators' brains in a blender.
We don't have Justin Thomas, Waller, Smelter, Days/Lasky, or the hoard of A-backs either. Any of the four starters in the 2014 backfield (Thomas, Days, Perkins, or Andrews) would, imho, beat out the O starters at their positions we will field this year. And, yes, that includes Sims. And, of course, there's no comparison between our WR prospects and Smelter/Waller. The pre-season ratings for the 2014 team were a product of nobody having seen Thomas, losses on the D side, and the perennial underrating Paul's teams got. That was probably the most talented Tech team since 1998.

I rated a 2. I have no gives left. Hope I'm wrong and you're right, of course.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
And I would like to note, that nobody thought we would be ANYTHING at all in 2014. And that ended up being our best year in a long long time. So there is hope. Granted, we don't have the same flexbone magic of just putting some defensive coordinators' brains in a blender.
I had a lot of hope going into 2014. And after the Virginia Tech game, I turned to my buddy and said, "we're in for something truly special this season."
On the other hand, after the South Florida game in 2019, I turned to him and said, "They're terrible. But so are we."

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I gave it a 7. There is always hope and excitement at the start of a season. Logically, I think the first 4-5 weeks is going to be pretty rough. You never know though.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This will be my 12th season as a Tech fan and can confidently say it's my least excited season ever (which goes without saying I'm still somewhat excited). It's not all performance related - a lot of it is college football holistically. It's an FBS-wide issue, but the crowds at Bobby Dodd in 2021 were as poor as I've ever seen them (didn't attend a game in 2020 though), which results in a loss of the pageantry and excitement. Gamedays in Bobby Dodd just aren't a fall celebration anymore. NIL has me feeling like our program is even more behind the 8 ball than we already were.

I'm sure I'll still get standing hairs on the back of my neck when I ascend the ramp to the 200s and look out over the field/sunset/Midtown/Downtown on 9/10 though.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
This will be my 12th season as a Tech fan and can confidently say it's my least excited season ever (which goes without saying I'm still somewhat excited). It's not all performance related - a lot of it is college football holistically. It's an FBS-wide issue, but the crowds at Bobby Dodd in 2021 were as poor as I've ever seen them (didn't attend a game in 2020 though), which results in a loss of the pageantry and excitement. Gamedays in Bobby Dodd just aren't a fall celebration anymore. NIL has me feeling like our program is even more behind the 8 ball than we already were.

I'm sure I'll still get standing hairs on the back of my neck when I ascend the ramp to the 200s and look out over the field/sunset/Midtown/Downtown on 9/10 though.
12th? I'm into my 40th. My seat mate at BDS started in '62.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Super Pumped.
Either we are finally good or we get a new coach. Win Win scenario of a season.
Honestly, I don't care if we win 8 games. Geoff has lost the fanbase and it's time to move on. No offense to Geoff. We all realize it was the Greatest Transformation in the History of Earth. But let's just get back to good football. He wasn't the guy and he can enjoy his millions. I just want to get back to a respectable football team.

Techfan02

Ramblin' Wreck
Honestly, I don't care if we win 8 games. Geoff has lost the fanbase and it's time to move on. No offense to Geoff. We all realize it was the Greatest Transformation in the History of Earth. But let's just get back to good football. He wasn't the guy and he can enjoy his millions. I just want to get back to a respectable football team.
If we win 8 and still have no fans I question a lot