Rank Your Excitement for 2022

On a scale of 1-10, how excited are you for this season of Tech football?

Votes: 31 14.0%

Votes: 27 12.2%

Votes: 40 18.1%

Votes: 16 7.2%

Votes: 15 6.8%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 21 9.5%

Votes: 10 4.5%

Votes: 4 1.8%

Votes: 36 16.3%

• Total voters

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I can give some data to support CGC losing the fanbase. For over 30 years I have been sitting in the East Upper deck with a group of 8 season tickets. Since GCGs arrival that number is now down to 2. And I have moved down to the club level. So that number is actually 0 in the East Upper. That does not include the folks that I knew around us that were fed up with CGC and gave up their tickets the past 3 years. Folks, that includes some lean years.

It is a small number of season tickets, but it is hard data.

I spent many great days and have special memories from the East Upper. Will miss the excellent view of the games.
Same in the area we've been sitting the last few years - all season ticket holders around us are gone this year. Last season created the lowest possible level of excitement going into this season as CGC's hype and program was dreadfully exposed. Genuinely hope this season will exceed expectations and begin to earn some of those fans back - they will come back for a winning program - at least one that's not as painful to watch as last season...

SAMINATION19

Georgia Tech Fan
Im excited because I live in orlando and im taking my two kids to their first Tech game vs Ucf. ( I plan to make a game at BDS when they are older) However, I still don't have much faith in our coaching staff. Im hoping they prove me wrong.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Want excitement? When some games. Beating Clemson, Ole Miss, or UCF would be a good start. A trifecta of 3 wins per season would put a damper on Notre Dame.
For the record neither Alabama or Notre Dame has had a trifecta of 3 win seasons in modern times though Tyrone Willingham tried his best for the Irish. J.B. "Ears" Whitworth had three consecutive losing seasons at Alabama from 1955-1957 with a 0-10 record in 1955. He was replaced by Bear Bryant and that was the end of the losing. Tech's situation now is perilously close to what happened and is continuing to happen to Nebraska and Tennessee. Once proud programs in a decade long malaise.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
As a previous poster mentioned, we can all be excited for this season, because we should either get a program with at least a pulse or we’ll get a new head coach.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
For the first time since 1990 my son and I have opted not to renew our 4 season tickets. The last 3 seasons have beat us up. I myself will watch every game available and pull for our players to win, but if they don't I will not scream, cuss or call coaches names! Maybe Tech will win 6 or 7 games, maybe a bowl game and pull me back in, I would like that, but whatever happens I will always be a Tech fan!! Go Jackets!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we all know that.
Boy howdy, you can bet that a win against Auburn means a lot to me. My wife's entire family are all "DYE HARD" Auburn fans. They still can't spell. When Reggie beat them twice, they couldn't believe it. Reggie Ball may not have played all that great against Georgia and Clemson but turn on the lights against Auburn and Miami and he was money in the bank. Funny, how that works out sometimes.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I am concerned with college football as a whole, I think that has dampened my normal 10 for football season in general to a 8. I am excited to see GT out on the field again, I hope that our kids get better coaching this year than they have. If not I am excited about what the next season will offer when we start off fresh.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I did it... I’m at a 9. I’m ready. This is going to be a long three weeks!
I think we’re going to field a quality team and surprise the crap outta some folks.
I’m also rooting for chaos across the board. Just when all of these folks think they’ve figured out realignment and the balance of power in college football, I’m thinking it all blows up. We’re just the guys to do it!

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
I'll parrot what others have said that this is probably the least excited I've been in a long while. I put my excitement level at 3, and that's probably relative to previous years. Going into last year I was 10 excited as I have been for most years prior. Preseason is when everyone is undefeated and there's that hope of certain players, coaches, position groups clicking and coming together to make a run and play some good football.

Last year held all of my hopes of year 3 for Collins, Pat, Thacker, and Key. This is when it should come together. Freshman class from 2020 will be in year 2 and won't have the same COVID restrictions as the year prior. Some promising transfer talent on the lines. Another year for growth for Sims. Gibbs just continuing to be a stud. Don't need to light the world on fire just show that significant step of improvement.

And it all fell flat on Game 1. Hope was reignited by the fight with Clemson and UNC stomping....all for it to die again with Pitt.

If I squint real hard through gold colored glasses I can find many reasons to be optimistic about the season and potential for significant improvement. But I have to admit to myself that if I was looking at any other program undergoing the turnover our program has had on every side of the ball I would not be expecting good things this season.

But here's to beating expectations and proving everyone wrong!
Forget it, I just changed my vote to an 8. I'm drinking the Kool aid and buying improvement. Looking forward to taking it to Clemson!