Radical Conference Realignment

Switch USCe with UCF , it’s only one year as bottom 3 and top 3 move up and down based on their finish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the list to which I am referring, both USCe and UCF are Division 2, so you can't switch them. Maybe move Auburn and Bama to another conference and put USCe and another school in Division 1 of what he calls the Southern Conference. You would have to retain the instate rivalries in the same conference and division, so not only would USCe object to being Division 2 of the Southern conference, Clemson would probably not like that either.

Spm2449

Georgia Tech Fan
While these are all great ideas, it is evident it is not about the kids but about the $. If it were about the student athlete here would be a division which ain’t that bad:

- Miami
- UCF
- UF
- FSU
- USF
- UGA
- Ga Tech
- Ga Southern
- Clem
- South Car
- Alabama
- Auburn
- Tenn
- Vandy

Two good things about this.
1. Pro student
2. All the Ga Southern students/fans will stop being UGA fans

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
While these are all great ideas, it is evident it is not about the kids but about the $. If it were about the student athlete here would be a division which ain’t that bad:

- Miami
- UCF
- UF
- FSU
- USF
- UGA
- Ga Tech
- Ga Southern
- Clem
- South Car
- Alabama
- Auburn
- Tenn
- Vandy

Two good things about this.
1. Pro student
2. All the Ga Southern students/fans will stop being UGA fans

I like your second point. They should play each other more often, but teams are scared of GaSo.

Jmonty71

Banned
This article from Pat Forde will never happen, but it is a fun thought exercise to go through.
He takes the current FBS and FCS structure and creates a new college football structure with 10 conferences, each with 12 teams. Every team plays a full conference schedule plus 1 non-conference team. The 1o conference champions plus 2 others advance to a 12 team playoff. The primary factor in conference creation is geography, not any current or past conference alignments. He also forces ND into a conference.
In this re-imagining GT ends up in a conference called the Deep South with 12 teams from GA and FL.
This idea also spreads out the blue bloods into more conferences.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment
Personally, I think I'd like it. Regional and clear playoff system can be made. But, never happen. Too much money on the line....

Deleted member 2897

This article from Pat Forde will never happen, but it is a fun thought exercise to go through.
He takes the current FBS and FCS structure and creates a new college football structure with 10 conferences, each with 12 teams. Every team plays a full conference schedule plus 1 non-conference team. The 1o conference champions plus 2 others advance to a 12 team playoff. The primary factor in conference creation is geography, not any current or past conference alignments. He also forces ND into a conference.
In this re-imagining GT ends up in a conference called the Deep South with 12 teams from GA and FL.
This idea also spreads out the blue bloods into more conferences.

https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/29/ncaa-college-football-conference-realignment

We would be like Vanderbilt in the SEC - a shining academic bastion of hope surrounded by a sea of fecal matter.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It would be wild. College sports are in need of some MAJOR realignment, and they’re heading in the wrong direction towards mega conferences. 14+ team conferences obviously will make more money, but they ruin regional rivalries, which is what college sports should be about. Tech hasn’t played Florida State since 2015, the same time it’s been since Georgia played Bama in the regular season. Auburn and Tennessee played in 2018, and won’t meet again until 2025, and Tech has only played 3 games against both of them since 87.

Then you can get more national and talk about defunct rivalries like Penn State vs. Pitt, Texas vs. A&M, Kansas vs. Missouri, Colorado vs. Nebraska, Florida vs. Miami, and so many others that never get seen anymore because of stupid conference scheduling. Wouldn’t it be awesome if, instead of having games like Auburn vs. Missouri and GT vs. Pitt, we had Auburn vs. GT and Pitt vs. West Virginia like it’s supposed to be?

In a proper conference, everybody plays everybody else and you have a pure champion without a playoff.
More than that - 12, 14, 16 teams - those aren't conferences, they're leagues.
It's best to have a 9 or 10 team conference where you can play everybody in the conference and schedule some outside teams in the other 3 or 4 games for variety.