Quick impressions of the 1st half review of UNC.

motynes

Jolly Good Fellow
Just finished watching the first half of the UNC game and there were atleast 5-6 plays that Taquan at for either a sack or no gain option that could have just as easily been disasters. Really great plays by Taquan. Ladies and Gents we have a real QB. Not just some athlete playing QB. Not only is he a real leader but some that is really learning to eat it and live another day instead of trying to make something out of nothing.

Plus, he just has that it factor. I'm completely sold on him.

Also, thru the first half, the defensive play was simply solid. It wasn't just them missing plays. It was our guys make the plays when they are their to be made in front of them. Look UNC may be hot garbage, but we had sound tackling and sound coverage in the 1st half. Got some penetration. Got some pass rush. When their QB broke down and rand we stuck him. Proud of these young men.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
TM seems to defy gravity sometimes. I can't figure out how he stays on his feet half the time. He is learning and he has control of the team. Reads are just decent at this point, but he is a value added ball carrier for sure. He has a knack for converting 3rd downs that is almost uncanny.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow
TM is small and agile enough that he just seems to find yards. If he can just settle into the throws we're in for a great 2 years with him. Also Jordan looked like he was finally back up to full speed Saturday. It seemed like he was a full step faster and was running people over.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
TM is small and agile enough that he just seems to find yards. If he can just settle into the throws we're in for a great 2 years with him. Also Jordan looked like he was finally back up to full speed Saturday. It seemed like he was a full step faster and was running people over.

TaQuon is just slippery running inside. You don't expect a guy his size to be effective running it up the gut but he has a knack for finding a crease and twisting his body to slip through, then at the end he actually delivers a blow to the defender. He's a real treat then watch and I'm damn happy he stayed at QB.
As for Jordan, he looked the best he has all season against UNC. That TD where he trucked the LB was beautiful.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
TaQuon reminds me of Marcus Allen in that they are both not thickly built but have a way of making it through the trash and falling forward. I kept thinking M Allen would get killed in the NFL but he did the same thing there as in college. TaQuon seems to also have that ability to keep the defense from really getting solid hits.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
The run Clint made with just over 2 minutes. Contrell gets a good stand up block on a LB, and Ricky mauls the cb into the end zone.
49:05 on GTbobs vid.