Quez Jackson Declares for the Draft

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There are some useful defensive stats.

Here’s an analogy, though: if you take 9 years to graduate high school, you might set the record for most exams taken at your school, but that doesn’t mean you’re a good student—you probably have a lot of F’s and D’s. What PFF is trying to do is give you the exam grades.
A better analogy would be if a student took so many exams because he was taking them for his classmates who kept failing them.

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm talking not about the overall defense, but Quez. Tommy Nobis unofficially had 296 tackles (a record that will never be broken) in 1966 on a horrid defense, but he was obviously a stellar linebacker. If individual rankings are lowered because one played on a bad defense, the rankings are bogus. It isn't Quez's fault he had to make so many tackles.
Like minds. All I could think about was the crazy Nobis #s.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Like minds. All I could think about was the crazy Nobis #s.
Nobody will ever break that record - nobody, ever. That's twice the number the league leader gets every year in the NFL in a 16-game season. Nobis did it in 14 games. Imagine that he averaged 21 tackles a game. Unfortunately, official records of tackles weren't kept until around 2000, amazingly.