Questions for Stansbury

BeeStorm

Banned
Ok I’ll try again.
1. Can we be a top 10 team without bag men giving out bags of cash? Maybe we are already doing it, just not very well.
2. I just watched the Hernandez series. After seeing It I want to take a shower and never have anything to do with college football again. Does anybody else feel this way?

I'm failing to see what a man's personal problems have to do with college football or even football in general.

Before you succumb to the blatant propaganda from Netflix (a lot of what they have been putting out lately is anti-science propaganda) you should do your research.

Bananas.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Ok I’ll try again.
1. Can we be a top 10 team without bag men giving out bags of cash? Maybe we are already doing it, just not very well.
2. I just watched the Hernandez series. After seeing It I want to take a shower and never have anything to do with college football again. Does anybody else feel this way?

There is some sleaziness in college sports, but also great opportunities for young men to succeed and change their lives and the world for the better. If the negatives make it unenjoyable for you, just walk away. But it isn't like this is within TStan's control, anyway. Take these questions to NCAA HQ.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Question 1 - Attendance is dropping across all of college football and GT has had attendance problems for years. Aside from winning more, what can we do to improve fan interest when new generations do not appear to be as interested in college football as past generations?

Question 2 - Are we ever going to make the NCAA tournament again?

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow
There is some sleaziness in college sports, but also great opportunities for young men to succeed and change their lives and the world for the better. If the negatives make it unenjoyable for you, just walk away. But it isn't like this is within TStan's control, anyway. Take these questions to NCAA HQ.

Guess I need to focus on the positives if they out weigh the negatives. But damn that was a depressing series.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Are we working on developing corporate relationships with main stay Atlanta companies which are mutually beneficial, not just behind the scenes but publicly?

Why can’t we see commercials of CGC driving down the road in a Chevy kinda stuff ? ( I know Chevy isn’t an Atl company but attach our brand with Atlanta based national brands and get in their advertising).

Maybe a couple of guys attending a Tech game with a Coke and a smile ?

Georgia Pacific building better products with better TECHnology

Home Depot, where the smart people shop, have people clad in Tech gear walking around inside a store shopping

Stuff like that

Pointer

Helluva Engineer
Ok I’ll try again.
1. One of our former players driving a nice BMW on last chance u, so maybe we do it, but others pay more.

What can the average fan do to support the football program?

Why are the south end zone seats always empty and are we going to do anything to change it because it looks awful every game.
I will answer number 2....they have always been empty since the 50's. Unless we were playing UGA, ND, Tenn. Auburn or Alabama. then they were filled with the opposition. Bobby Dodd created band day to fill them for at least one game. That was when we had all those high school bands at the game. Maybe we should bring that back.

I will answer number 2....they have always been empty since the 50's. Unless we were playing UGA, ND, Tenn. Auburn or Alabama. then they were filled with the opposition. Bobby Dodd created band day to fill them for at least one game. That was when we had all those high school bands at the game. Maybe we should bring that back.
The student section in the new south stands was always pretty much filled until about 4 years ago. It was most recently packed for the FSU game that we won on the last play (I always forget the year).

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Coaching caravan that will reach into south ga, not just metro areas. Vidalia has a nuclear power plant nearby and most of the workers live in vidalia and many are tech grads. Plan stragiticly and find pockets of tech fans to get them to games and open their wallets.

The student section in the new south stands was always pretty much filled until about 4 years ago. It was most recently packed for the FSU game that we won on the last play (I always forget the year).

Hey Supersize....just letting you know I am dropping off this whole swarm forum. I am tired of being attacked by the kids on this forum and the anti CPJ group. Social Media is a rot fest any way. I always enjoyed your comments and a few others. It is clear though that those of us that are long time Tech fans are believed to be not what Tech needs.. Even though I spend $2,700 a year on tickets and contributions and I live 1200 miles away and did not even go to Tech. But what does 50 years of Tech football matter. I will always be the biggest Tech fan there is.

Well, I certainly understand how you feel, and I appreciate you comments about me, but I certainly hate to see you go. You and I are not the only ones who feel like we do. I just tolerate and laugh at those who think they are always right and don't mind putting down those who disagree with them. They will learn one day, and it will be fun to see them realize it. If you would by any chance like to stay in touch (I would), then PM me your email address, and I will give you mine as well. Maybe we can meet up at one of the games you come to next Fall. If not, then keep supporting and loving the Jackets the way you have always done. GO JACKETS !!!

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey Supersize....just letting you know I am dropping off this whole swarm forum. I am tired of being attacked by the kids on this forum and the anti CPJ group. Social Media is a rot fest any way. I always enjoyed your comments and a few others. It is clear though that those of us that are long time Tech fans are believed to be not what Tech needs.. Even though I spend $2,700 a year on tickets and contributions and I live 1200 miles away and did not even go to Tech. But what does 50 years of Tech football matter. I will always be the biggest Tech fan there is.

Hey Colorado I know you didn’t address me in your post but I didn’t go to Tech and have been a supporter for 45 years of my life also. We’ve endured a lot as fans and yet we’ve stuck with them. I believe Tech needs fans like us and Supersize, and others, who are essentially born Tech fans. I believe ultimately this is what is really meant when people say we are building a culture. A culture is a way of life, a way of thinking, a dedication. We need you as a fan and supporter !

I’m not saying don’t go I’m saying don’t let others get you down on the tradition. Stick to your insights and convictions about this program, stick to what you know and teach others the value of considering yourself a Yellow Jacket. It may be extreme but anyone who knows me knows Ga Tech, pass it on brother.

Jmonty71

Banned
I think that GT donates to VETTIX, pretty well. Can GT make a banner or flag, for vets to sign? Over the course of the year, can this flag be used on game around Veterans' Day. All those that signed get tickets in an area, so they can stand for recognition. Just wanted to run that idea by you guys... Thought??? Maybe something different and cool

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I think that GT donates to VETTIX, pretty well. Can GT make a banner or flag, for vets to sign? Over the course of the year, can this flag be used on game around Veterans' Day. All those that signed get tickets in an area, so they can stand for recognition. Just wanted to run that idea by you guys... Thought??? Maybe something different and cool

Unique and great idea!

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Love the idea of asking about the GT Adidas Swag Shop [emoji769]

Also would be curious if we would consider the idea of switching some of the upper west bleachers out and making a standing room only with bar service area like the old chop house. Seems like it would be a great way to up revenue and decrease supply of tickets to chase some of the gap between supply and demand. Given the direction NCAA Attendance is going, and our relative size of stadium, we don’t really need all of those seats and the back drop of ATL skyline would be boss from up there. Plus exceptionally unique both in NCAA and for Atlanta venues.