Questions for CPJ & Players

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Media day is August 8, the morning of fan day. There will be a player press conference (1 at a time) followed by CPJ's.

So with that we wanted to open this thread up to hear your suggested questions. If you're interested in learning CPJ's favorite cereal, that's a great question, however the answer will have to wait until a more casual setting e.g., postgame presser ;)

Players: Trey Braun, Tyler Marcordes, Errin Joe, Jamal Golden, Broderick Snoddy, Adam Gotsis, D.J. White, Justin Thomas

Fire away.

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
For CPJ: Ask him about how much he enjoys the chess match of calling plays against a good DC. As much fun as it is for us ignorant fans to watch, I can only imagine the pleasure he must derive from completely befuddling a defensive play caller.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
How is the ballhandling with the new players (mesh with BBs and pitches to ABs)?

We had tons of success with this last season late, is the unbalanced OL a quasi-gimmick for surprise or is it now a part of our O with multiple plays?

Besides Snoddy who is showing out at AB?

Will Justin be looking more to open ABs in the passing game down the middle this season?

What freshmen are taking practice reps (or looking like they should) with the two deep?

Which WR is Justin honing in on?

On the field is Cottrell lookin as fast as Thomas/Snoddy? How about Walker?

T Marshall taking snaps at QB or AB?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
CPJ: Which rising Seniors have done a good job at filling the leadership roles vacated by last year's seniors?

DJ White: Do you ever get tired of seeing "the pick" replay?

JeT: What are some things you and other team leaders do to help some of the younger guys get more comfortable in the offense? Was there anything last year's Senior class did from a leadership perspective that stood out to you?

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
For CPJ: With Kennesaw State starting to play football this season, your coaching tree extends another branch. How much do you keep in contact with Coach Bohannon, in particular, or other former assistants who have taken over head coaching programs?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
What running style at the qb position does he think works best in the system? A run over you guy or a run past you guy

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
For CPJ:
1. Which new or young players do you think have a good chance to contribute significantly this year? (If he only mentions Skov ask him to name some freshmen.)
2. What does JeT most need to improve upon from last year.

To each player.
Name a new / young guy in your unit that you think will become a big impact player before they graduate. Explain why.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
For CPJ:
1. Which new or young players do you think have a good chance to contribute significantly this year? (If he only mentions Skov ask him to name some freshmen.)

To each player.
Name a new / young guy in your unit that you think will become a big impact player before they graduate. Explain why.
Love the last question! Sign me up for that one, too.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
For CPJ, on behalf of fan C. Veerly Wright:

(1) In each of Tech's losses last season, you failed to use any plays from the 15-play buck-lateral series, or the hook-and-triple-lateral play, which I sent to your office, house, and summer home at least 47 times over the past few years. Don't you want to win? Why are you so close-minded? Are you just afraid of being undefeated?

(2) I've heard you say that if you start listening to the fans, eventually you end up sitting with them. OK -- you can have my seat right now, and I'll come down to the field. Problem solved. Like it?

(3) Back to my original point: Don't you want to win? Do I have to punch you in the face or something?

;)

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'd like to know what CPJ thinks in general what position is hardest for a younger player to step in as a full time starter and what position is hardest for a player without a lot of game experience?

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
A question for CPJ:

What statement do you find more offensive:

Calling your triple option scheme a High School Offense; or

Your offense will never work in a Power Five Conference.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
JT- what do you personally hope to improve on this year? What do you need to do different this year to make this team better?

Butker- how did the game winner and game tying field goals feel? Do you feel more confidence going into this year(with your kicking)?

Roof- there was rumor that UNC and possibly duke had stolen our symbols last year...do you think that to be true and have you implemented steps to ensure this never happens again?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Gotsis- so if Jabari is going to play this year, what type of impact will that have on you and the way you play? And who will surprise people on the DL?

Anyone on O-line. With the loss of shaw mason, who do you think is going to step up and take a leadership role?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
For CPJ:

To each player.
And what are you going to do to help them become that impact player?