Question for TV Watchers

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I seem to recall that about every time Cook touched the ball the announcers were talking about his hamstring.
But, whatever. Anytime Cook has the ball in his hands he is bad news for the defense. Gotsis and company did a helluva good job holding him in check.

I was waiting for my friend at church who is a FSU alum and was at the game last night to make excuses about Cook's injury as well because the only thing the announcers wanted to talk about was how careful he needed to be, but instead he didn't say much and congratulated Tech on the win. The whole story is that just about anytime Cook got the ball, there wasn't much room for him - it wasn't a matter of his injury holding him back; it was the Tech D!!!!!

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
And the Milton personal foul was one of the ticky tackiest calls I have see. In a long time

From my high vantage point in the north stands I thought I saw Milton push the player after the play was over (I did not see the whole thing in real time) but my wife and daughter who had a different look on TV disagreed with me. I rewatched the game and clearly saw the FSU player straddled, rode, and pushed Milton and prevented him from getting up; Milton aggressively fought to get up and was flagged. Should have been no flag or offsetting penalties.

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
I had a TON of FSU fans all around us and they kept yelling for the Seminole Defenders to "DESTROY" Justin Thomas on EVERY play. They CHEERED EVERY time we had an injured player. Screw the Criminoles.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Can you tell us which play/what point in the game? I'd like to go back and see it for myself.
I'll try to go back and find it. It wasn't a play that I noted when I was watching. It was one of those things where I saw it and said hmm it is a wonder we did not get a penalty.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
You need to make better friends. He is whining about losing and making stuff up to justify getting whipped. I watched ESPN2 and not a word like that was said, even when Gotsis inadvertently got his hand on the blocker's face in pass protection for a 15-yard penalty. (Frankly I thought GT fans ought to be whining about that wussie call.)

I was expecting someone to say this, and I would probably respond in kind to someone else. However, he is a Tech fan when they aren't playing FSU and has been to several games with me the last couple of years. Also, and more importantly, he provides all the food AND THE BEER for the tailgate.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
From my high vantage point in the north stands I thought I saw Milton push the player after the play was over (I did not see the whole thing in real time) but my wife and daughter who had a different look on TV disagreed with me. I rewatched the game and clearly saw the FSU player straddled, rode, and pushed Milton and prevented him from getting up; Milton aggressively fought to get up and was flagged. Should have been no flag or offsetting penalties.
I saw it when it happened. The FSU player was straddling Milton when he tried to get up, but after Milton FINALLY got him off, he did push the guy. It wasn't much of a shove, but the ref was standing about 5' away. Can't say I agree with the call because it wasn't an aggressive push and the two had been locked up (if that's how you want to describe it), but as soon as I saw the push I said "Oh, crap", then I saw the little yellow flag flying.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I was expecting someone to say this, and I would probably respond in kind to someone else. However, he is a Tech fan when they aren't playing FSU and has been to several games with me the last couple of years. Also, and more importantly, he provides all the food AND THE BEER for the tailgate.
In that case, free food trumps all.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
After the flag on Milton anyone else notice Paul giving that official hell? He had to have been on the field a couple minutes lighting into the ref.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not sure how loud we sounded on TV....in stadium I thought the crowd made great noise. How many Tech fans in the stadium? 30k max...just think how loud we could be if we could add another 10k fans in seats. I wish we could bring it like this for every game.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Since I was at the game last night and I haven't been able to go back and watch my recording of it (I'm still recovering), I have a question for anyone who may have been watching on TV. A friend of mine who is an FSU fan was also at the game, and right after half time he said that the internet (ESPN, CNNSI, and many others) as "lighting up" talking about a cheap shot where a Tech player twisted the leg of Cook after a play was over and all were talking about how Tech is a dirty team. I, of course, challenged him on this and asked him to show me some of the comments, but he refused. Since I wanted to be able to dispute what he said the next time we meet, I went searching on the internet for anything that might show what he was talking about, but found nothing other than one tweet. So I can be more prepared to prove him wrong, does anyone have any idea of what he may have been talking about, or is this just a case of the Semenoles fans in utter denial that GT was keeping up with them?

There you go. Calling this dirty is about as big of an exaggeration as you can get

Declinometer

Banned
You need to make better friends. He is whining about losing and making stuff up to justify getting whipped. I watched ESPN2 and not a word like that was said, even when Gotsis inadvertently got his hand on the blocker's face in pass protection for a 15-yard penalty. (Frankly I thought GT fans ought to be whining about that wussie call.)
IMO the hand to the face mask by AG looked like a frustration play because when he got the defender going backwards he never tried to let go he just kept the pressure and drove him back about 5 yards.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
IMO the hand to the face mask by AG looked like a frustration play because when he got the defender going backwards he never tried to let go he just kept the pressure and drove him back about 5 yards.
5? He drove that dude a solid 10 yards back and tried to use him to bulldoze Golson. I don't know if it was out of frustration or just sending a message, but he did not try to pull back one bit. Maybe he just figured they were already flagging it, might as well make it count!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You know, I hope you are right. It seems to be just from TV that a little bit of meanness on the defensive unit would go a long way. An occasional penalty along the way is worth the price. Now if the other guys would study the film and learn.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Since I too was at the game, I didn't see it, and I didn't hear anything on ESPN Radio or ESPN Xtra about it while driving back to Augusta. I saw on one of the AJC blogs though that an FSU player leveled Butker during the post-game celebration. Butker wasn't even involved in the play, so that would be a TOTALLY CHEAP AND ILLEGAL hit if it indeed happened.
Has anyone else heard of this and can anyone confirm or deny it? If it's true, I can go back to my FSU fan and rub it in his face. Even if it's not true, I'll tell him about it anyway and say that I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.