Question for TV Watchers

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Since I was at the game last night and I haven't been able to go back and watch my recording of it (I'm still recovering), I have a question for anyone who may have been watching on TV. A friend of mine who is an FSU fan was also at the game, and right after half time he said that the internet (ESPN, CNNSI, and many others) as "lighting up" talking about a cheap shot where a Tech player twisted the leg of Cook after a play was over and all were talking about how Tech is a dirty team. I, of course, challenged him on this and asked him to show me some of the comments, but he refused. Since I wanted to be able to dispute what he said the next time we meet, I went searching on the internet for anything that might show what he was talking about, but found nothing other than one tweet. So I can be more prepared to prove him wrong, does anyone have any idea of what he may have been talking about, or is this just a case of the Semenoles fans in utter denial that GT was keeping up with them?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The announcers were all over Cook's junk all night so rest assured if that had happened they would've walked down to the field to personally eject the Tech player in question.

There was a play where Cook grabbed at his hamstring after a play but no one had done anything to him. That could be what your friend is referring to, but it seems clear he's just looking for excuses.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
It was PJ Davis.

It wasn't a particularly dirty play. Cook was trying to move the pile, and the twist was just after the whistle.

Since I too was at the game, I didn't see it, and I didn't hear anything on ESPN Radio or ESPN Xtra about it while driving back to Augusta. I saw on one of the AJC blogs though that an FSU player leveled Butker during the post-game celebration. Butker wasn't even involved in the play, so that would be a TOTALLY CHEAP AND ILLEGAL hit if it indeed happened.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
And the Milton personal foul was one of the ticky tackiest calls I have see. In a long time
If anything that one should have been a penalty on the FSU guy for deliberately putting his junk on top of Milton's head/neck and not moving off him. I don't remember anyone else ever getting a penalty for standing up.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Cook had a minor problem coming into the game and they had him lying on the training table stretching his hams several times. The TV guys did not say anything about him getting injured during the game, and he looked fine in that last drive. Tomahawknation is alive with complaints that he did not get enough touches in the 2nd half, so maybe that's where it originated. He had no carries in their five 3rd quarter plays.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I saw something that I thought looked a little ... lets say - odd, at the end of a play. Don't remember when or who. I was at the game but came home and rewatched (several times) the last 10 minutes of the game over some Jameson, so I cannot differentiate if I saw it on the scoreboard as a replay or on my DVR.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Since I was at the game last night and I haven't been able to go back and watch my recording of it (I'm still recovering), I have a question for anyone who may have been watching on TV. A friend of mine who is an FSU fan was also at the game, and right after half time he said that the internet (ESPN, CNNSI, and many others) as "lighting up" talking about a cheap shot where a Tech player twisted the leg of Cook after a play was over and all were talking about how Tech is a dirty team. I, of course, challenged him on this and asked him to show me some of the comments, but he refused. Since I wanted to be able to dispute what he said the next time we meet, I went searching on the internet for anything that might show what he was talking about, but found nothing other than one tweet. So I can be more prepared to prove him wrong, does anyone have any idea of what he may have been talking about, or is this just a case of the Semenoles fans in utter denial that GT was keeping up with them?
You need to make better friends. He is whining about losing and making stuff up to justify getting whipped. I watched ESPN2 and not a word like that was said, even when Gotsis inadvertently got his hand on the blocker's face in pass protection for a 15-yard penalty. (Frankly I thought GT fans ought to be whining about that wussie call.)

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I seem to recall that about every time Cook touched the ball the announcers were talking about his hamstring.
But, whatever. Anytime Cook has the ball in his hands he is bad news for the defense. Gotsis and company did a helluva good job holding him in check.
Yeah, they were really playing up that story all night, but I never once felt comfortable when he got the ball. I was really nervous when he got loose in the open on their last drive.