Question for TV Watchers

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Who cares, that kinda thing happens in every game in my opinion. This is a contact sport. How many times did you see someone try and hurt Nesbitt or Thomas?

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
UGA does this to us every year. Every year.

Even if one of our guys did twist Cook's leg it wouldn't have mattered. We shut him down. Besides he had a nagging injury (hamstring?) from a previous game. So a tough hard tackle could have irritated it and slowed him down.

GTOXAN2K11

Georgia Tech Fan
Also, a F$U fan told me Dalvin Cook was the best RB in the country. I asked him if he had seen Leonard Fournette play... That shut him up real fast.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Did anyone see our players trying to hurt Dalvin Cook during the game? I am hearing about our players pulling at his leg or something.
Yea it's BS, his leg was on top of PJs arm and PJ kinda snatched his arm and pulled his leg. They act like he was trying to pull his leg from his hip socket. I only wish he was that strong, it would be a lot easier to twist his foot and do more damage and be less noticeable.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Has anyone else heard of this and can anyone confirm or deny it? If it's true, I can go back to my FSU fan and rub it in his face. Even if it's not true, I'll tell him about it anyway and say that I saw it on the internet, so it must be true.
Rub it in because it is not true. But use the internet threat anyway. For some reason some folks actually believe that.

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I watched this play in entirety several times. it's at 5:38 to go in the 2nd quarter. Disclaimer: I'm very biased; I love our players and feel as if they would never, ever play dirty...but even with that bias, it's very hard to tell what was going on on the field - did they talk to each other? It was a small pull and then he immediately got up and moved to firing himself up. If there was malice, PJ isn't very good at it - he didn't twist his leg (which he could have); he didn't talk smack to him - he got up and moved on. :)

I do wish I could talk to the players about the things that go on in between plays to understand what it's like on the field. The Milton flag was just wrong, wrong, wrong on so many levels...that was intentional on FSU's part to keep him down and Milton was trying to get his head out from under the guy all the while he was pushing his head down. I am very proud of our players for when they are shoved, pushed, pulled, twisted, yelled at, that they do not act like a lot of the SEC players; they - for the most part - focus on the game at hand. Nothing makes me angrier than a 15yd penalty because some player acted like my 7-year-old and shoved another one. If you are going to get a penalty, make it worth something, not because someone was talking smack.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
.. again I'm sure that Chris wishes he hadn't reacted as he did... maybe if he didn't the game wouldn't have ended the way it did... who knows????