Question About Pass Pro...

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
It is insane but an offensive lineman just about has to take down a defender pro wrestling style for anything to be called. The officials seem to give every advantage to the offense not only in holding calls but contested passes too. Our tackles might as well get in on the fun because our defenders are practically getting hog tied like a calf in a rodeo.
This, I'm of the opinion that if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin. Everything we do should be to maximize what we can without getting flagged. If there's a way to do systematic holding that won't get flagged, then by golly do it.

And it's not like this is hard to teach this, it's not some wild concept. Heck, I don't know what our players are doing but I'd be on YouTube scouring for info on this stuff any time I wasn't at football practice or in class.

Hey, Lee, on pass players, keep moving your feet and re-setting your base. As the DE gets into you, keep your hands back and wide and then lock onto the shoulder pads. Steer the DE around the backside of the pocket and give your QB time. It's actually harder to type it out than it is to let Lee watch that video and then implement it in practice.