Quarterback for next year

Ok, so want to get you all's thoughts on where we are moving with QB. Graham is number 1 for now but Yates a duel threat, Sims a duel threat, and Gleason a pro-style. With this what will the offense scheme be? Going to be interesting.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so want to get you all's thoughts on where we are moving with QB. Graham is number 1 for now but Yates a duel threat, Sims a duel threat, and Gleason a pro-style. With this what will the offense scheme be? Going to be interesting.
I think you meant dual-threat. I really hope we don't have our qbs dueling before games. That is something Andrew Jackson would do.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
From what I’ve heard/seen, Tucker Gleason is pretty mobile when he needs to be. We’ll know more in the spring, but it’s safe to say anything will be a step up from last seasons QB selection

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I think it will be a transfer qb or Gleason. I think they are wanting to throw the ball more and are looking for a qb that beats you from the pocket or a game manager type qb.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Right now I think Yates is the odd man out, which is unfortunate because he could probably be a really good QB. Graham is definitely #1 right now, and he showed flashes of being a Nick Marshall at Auburn type. Very strong arm, and pretty fast out of the pocket, but he needs to improve his intermediate passing game a ton, and his vision as a runner isn’t great. Gleason is probably the most polished overall QB out of the bunch, but I don’t know how mobile he is, and even with huge improvements on the OLine; it will still pretty much be a necessity to be mobile next year. Sims probably has the most potential of everyone, but he isn’t the thrower that Gleason is. It’s very important that the staff figure out which guy they want to roll with. I imagine after the year is over, at least 1 of the 4 will transfer out. I think you would be able to run a pretty successful offense platooning 2 guys if they have different strengths, but you can’t run a completely different scheme when you bring the other guy in. If it’s determined that Gleason is the best thrower, you can’t just bring him in on every 3rd and 7 you have and try to throw for the first down.

Don’t forget about Tobias either. I would love to see some wildcat looks featuring him next year.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Sims... if he can improve his footwork, he will be a starter. One thing I saw when I watched his film is that his arm is incredible strong. He can whip the ball and he has been so far physically superior to the defenses that he has gotten away with it. He won't get away with it here, and if you watch some of his games, it causes his throws to be slightly off.

I don't know what his completion percentage was in HS, but I"m betting it wasn't as high as other QB's similarly ranked.

Again if Sims works on his footwork and improves, his ceiling is incredible high.

All that being said, I like Tuck as well. He is tough, and a fierce competitor.

We are going to have a great QB room next year.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I think I'll stay away from this one. And spectate the battle from the nosebleeds. This is gonna be a ferocious battle and the one thing I will say and I'll leave it alone after that:

If Graham has any desire to be QB1 he better be sharp the entire off season. We saw how bad he was when he took a "week off". This is a whole new group of guys and Pnaude will bench him if he fails to prepare and execute...

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
No way to know the answer to this at this point. factory schools would sit both a year and then one would redshirt the 2nd year or vice versa. I think it would be an interesting task for us to name who our starter was this past year, if we can’t do that we dang sure can’t figure out next year