Quarterback for next year

LibertyTurns

Banned
This is just flat out wrong. Fromm was not even a 5 star. He has regressed a lot since his freshman year.

Fields is an elite talent that didn’t fit UGA’s system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fields went to a dog **** program. Only thing positive I can say for him was he was smart enough to run away once he figured out how ****ty it really was. Fromm is the same as any number of mutt QBs. Not good enough when it counts. For that I’ll be forever grateful he soiled himself by helping them execute their annual implosion.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’m still not ready to give up on LJ. He’s shown a lot of potential in spots. People forget how smoothly he moved the team down the field before that unfortunate goal line fumble. He looked like a real QB out there.

During that drive, I wondered if we were seeing a new starting QB in the making, which made the fumble extra depressing to watch. Maybe this year the light will go on, as O'Leary used to say.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Ok, so want to get you all's thoughts on where we are moving with QB. Graham is number 1 for now but Yates a duel threat, Sims a duel threat, and Gleason a pro-style. With this what will the offense scheme be? Going to be interesting.
Gleason can still run the ball though, so I’d say, to an extent he’s a dual threat as well. Also we will stay with the same offense. We stripped everything down last year and started fresh with what will be the new offense to get a head start instead of slowing transitioning from what I’ve read. I think Gleason ends up the starter.

Alexgrant1

Georgia Tech Fan
Gleason can still run the ball though, so I’d say, to an extent he’s a dual threat as well. Also we will stay with the same offense. We stripped everything down last year and started fresh with what will be the new offense to get a head start instead of slowing transitioning from what I’ve read. I think Gleason ends up the starter.
I agree, I think either way it’s one of the Freshman that will start next year.

HouseDivided

Jolly Good Fellow
With the transfer portal now a hip thing, I'd expect to see 1 or 2 transfer out eventually. We can only play, maybe 2 in certain situations but cant play all 4 and all 4 want their time to shine.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
With the transfer portal now a hip thing, I'd expect to see 1 or 2 transfer out eventually. We can only play, maybe 2 in certain situations but cant play all 4 and all 4 want their time to shine.

I doubt any of our guys transferring out would have opportunities to play qb elsewhere, at least at a P5

bos

Helluva Engineer
Graham is the #1 guy going into Spring; it's his job to lose. Lucas Johnson may transfer. The two freshmen may be going into a redshirt year so they can develop.

Here is how the depth chart could look.

#1: Graham
#2: Yates

#3: Gleason/Sims (redshirt year)

Man I really hate that we are sleeping on Yates. What a difference a year makes. Last year he was looked as the QB of the future after being the highest rated 2019 guy, and now he's the forgotten man.

He didn't show us anything in limited time and honestly looked too small. However, if the staff is set on redshirting the freshmen he'll have his opportunity if Graham gets injured or ever struggles in a game.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
JG will start first games just from game experience. If he doesn't produce and struggles the first couple of games we will see the QB experient start again and next season becomes another developmental year. Sims and Gleason can each play 4 games and redshirt. With our schedule I just don't see a lot of opportunities to play them unless we are getting blown out or JG lays an egg early on the season.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Next year is a developmental year regardless. We will see all of them play. Graham got the job by default so he will be the starter like Tobias was the starter last year.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
This is just flat out wrong. Fromm was not even a 5 star. He has regressed a lot since his freshman year.

Fields is an elite talent that didn’t fit UGA’s system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any success Fromm had in his first 2 years was more due to the WR talent. You can see his true talent level this year with a new cast of WRs. He's good enough to read the defense and get in the right play, but he's mostly a game manager.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I think if you want to carry over the same offense from last year to 2020, you keep Graham as the starter. If you want to make a further transition to a more pass-heavy offense rather than a run-option offense with some passing, then you wipe the slate clean and put Graham, Yates, Gleason, and Sims on the same level in the spring. I think a lot of our offensive gameplan will change for 2020. As hard as our OL was trying to play, they're still shorter and lighter than they needed to be for so much pass protection. I think we'll see a lot of younger OLs playing in addition to the better-performing, older OLs. We've got solid skill position talent that they may want to take advantage of with more of a pocket-passing scheme. We really don't know until we see anything on the field. I also think LJ is just a misfit for the current offensive design. He came in as one of the better CPJ passing recruits, but I think there's 3 on the roster that now have better passing skills than him. What he had in running ability, I think may have been lessened by the injuries he's had throughout his career.
My guess for the first game is that Graham starts - experience is valuable, and we can pick up where 2019 left off with improved OL and passing game. Hopefully, we can start blowing out lesser competition again so we can see how the younger QBs do on the field. I think by the end of the year, Sims or Gleason will start.

Buzz1126

Georgia Tech Fan
It'll be Yates. Graham isn't a QB, maybe he can play WR? Don't know, and with very unimpressive interviews I don't really care what he does (feel kinda bad). Simms/Gleason look solid, but unless they enroll early I give them 0 shot to overtake Yates. Yates also has the best highschool highlight tape out of all 3.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
It'll be Yates. Graham isn't a QB, maybe he can play WR? Don't know, and with very unimpressive interviews I don't really care what he does (feel kinda bad). WTF do this mean? Simms/Gleason look solid, but unless they enroll early (they both are) I give them 0 shot to overtake Yates. Yates also has the best highschool highlight tape out of all 3.

Please, tell us more.