Quaide moves to AB

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
FWIW I think Q being moved to AB shows he may actually be higher on the depth chart than Marcus Allen who I would've thought would be moved.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
In other breaking news, our second string WR is 5'1". It's also odd to me that MLD and Q are behind Snoddy instead of Lynch.

I don't think the depth chart order means much for ABs. CPJ only used 4 ABs in the OB and he generally likes to rotate 5. That probably means either MLD or Quaide will stay a RS. He has McClellan who played a lot in the fourth Q of the ND game who can be used if he wants to play the 6th. I believe on Monday night he said either MLD or another frosh (based on practice) would likely play AB. He also said that in practice Tuesday and Wednesday that "we will go at it". IMO he will make a decision between MLD and Quaide, largely based on the practices. I doubt he plays both unless there are more injuries.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
If QW was showing out at TE then maybe they moved him to get another pass catching threat. Also a little suprised Allen didnt move because he was playing WR before BB.

Whatever the case we need bodies and Quaide's a fast study as well as providing some size and power. Would not be suprised to see him excel.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Isn't it interesting that the obvious problems of execution this yr, ever since last yr, - 1. WRs and 2. Aback ( mainly blocking) ,even though "most" had dismissed the concerns with cries of ''more athletic and faster'" being bandied about , are now front and center . With WRs , very unlikely to get better with Summers out and maybe same at aback with Qua gone.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Isn't it interesting that the obvious problems of execution this yr, ever since last yr, - 1. WRs and 2. Aback ( mainly blocking) ,even though "most" had dismissed the concerns with cries of ''more athletic and faster'" being bandied about , are now front and center . With WRs , very unlikely to get better with Summers out and maybe same at aback with Qua gone.

CPJ has said in multiple interviews that the blocking problem has not been the perimeter players (WR and ABack responsibility) as much as the Linebackers flowing out (OL responsibility). That's not to say that the new guys are blocking perfectly, but that coach is identifying the other as the bigger problem.

Now, saying that, I expect some will continue to assert that the main problem has been the new skill guys blocking, regardless.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
CPJ has said in multiple interviews that the blocking problem has not been the perimeter players (WR and ABack responsibility) as much as the Linebackers flowing out (OL responsibility). That's not to say that the new guys are blocking perfectly, but that coach is identifying the other as the bigger problem.

Now, saying that, I expect some will continue to assert that the main problem has been the new skill guys blocking, regardless.
Which is much more concerning, imo. Our supposed all everything veteran OL is not cutting it. I remember CPJ saying we missed the MLB a bunch in the Tulane game, too.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Anthony Allen started at AB...and was a pretty good one at that. They could probably use QFro's physicality on the edge as the other ABs are more finesse type backs. As someone else has stated, this is probably temporary as Skov is gone after this season, and it looks like it'll be a Marcus Marshall/MLD/QFro/Allen battle for BB next year. Right now we're short on ABs numberwise, and ABs that can physicality deliver blows.
Don't forget Leggett and Mills