Quaide moves to AB

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
Long career ahead, expect that he will have opportunity to move back to B-back once the depth chart balance shifts and Quaide layers on some muscle.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2015-16/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

I'm pretty shocked. I'm not sure if they will play him or if he will be for emergencies but holy crap. He has a meeting with Cook today and that should reveal some more info.

Also the name pronunciation is wrong. It should be why-mer-skirch.
don't worry Brandon knows how to pronounce it and the TV announcers don't even look at that based on how they've been calling Qua "Kwah"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Anthony Allen started at AB...and was a pretty good one at that. They could probably use QFro's physicality on the edge as the other ABs are more finesse type backs. As someone else has stated, this is probably temporary as Skov is gone after this season, and it looks like it'll be a Marcus Marshall/MLD/QFro/Allen battle for BB next year. Right now we're short on ABs numberwise, and ABs that can physicality deliver blows.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2015-16/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

I'm pretty shocked. I'm not sure if they will play him or if he will be for emergencies but holy crap. He has a meeting with Cook today and that should reveal some more info.

Do you have a feel for how well your bro has picked up the blocking schemes? If he's able to block well then I'd imagine the move has something to do with that, given Saturday's performance.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Apparently Coach is tired of the ABs not being able to block the larger LBs. Whether the solution - Quaide and L-D to AB - works is another question.

The big news is that Snoddy and Burden are listed as starters. Hope that's not smoke for Cutliffe.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Some of our best blocking Abacks have been small: Roddy and Robby. It's more about ability, desire and toughness than size. That said, I hope this works.

Man I wish we had Andrews.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Actually, you and your family pronounce your own name wrong. It should be Vie-mar's Kear'hye (Weimarskirche), for the city church (Stadtkirche) of Weimar.

220px-Weimar-1840-Herderplatz-Oeder.jpg

Just kidding, thanks for the update!

Declinometer

Banned
I want to see him on the field to see if that "want to" attitude he showed on his high school tape carries over to college. I'm going to go out on a limb and say it will.

ctweimer

Georgia Tech Fan
Anthony Allen started at AB...and was a pretty good one at that. They could probably use QFro's physicality on the edge as the other ABs are more finesse type backs. As someone else has stated, this is probably temporary as Skov is gone after this season, and it looks like it'll be a Marcus Marshall/MLD/QFro/Allen battle for BB next year. Right now we're short on ABs numberwise, and ABs that can physicality deliver blows.

One of the coaches told Q that he will be the power back after Skov leaves, which is pretty much what I had been thinking the whole time.

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently Coach is tired of the ABs not being able to block the larger LBs. Whether the solution - Quaide and L-D to AB - works is another question.

The big news is that Snoddy and Burden are listed as starters. Hope that's not smoke for Cutliffe.

I don't think so. Qua isn't listed (aside from Special teams, which seems to be in error), nor is Michael Summers.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
In other breaking news, our second string WR is 5'1". It's also odd to me that MLD and Q are behind Snoddy instead of Lynch.