Qua Searcy and AJ Gray

MountPGT1990

Banned
Seems like both of these guys have disappeared the last two games. Qua was our go to guy and seemed like our only playmaker on offense the first couple of games and now he's nonexistent. Anyone know if he's injured or something?

In fall camp CPJ said AJ would we be one of the all time greats at GT. I know he's still got a ton of time left, but I honestly can't think of a single big play that he's made this year and I almost never his name getting called during a game.

Maybe it's just that the whole team outside of Mills is struggling now, I don't know???

Seems like both of these guys have disappeared the last two games. Qua was our go to guy and seemed like our only playmaker on offense the first couple of games and now he's nonexistent. Anyone know if he's injured or something?

In fall camp CPJ said AJ would we be one of the all time greats at GT. I know he's still got a ton of time left, but I honestly can't think of a single big play that he's made this year and I almost never his name getting called during a game.

Maybe it's just that the whole team outside of Mills is struggling now, I don't know???
If you haven't heard AJ's name called, then you need hearing aids. Don't remember whether it was called Saturday or not, but he was still a presence on the field.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Or maybe the word is out to focus on those two special athletes by staying away from AJ and putting your best athletes on Qua. (And, of course, go after our QB since he is also a special athlete from whom all good things must flow if Tech is to move the ball.)

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Generally speaking, when you don't hear a DB's named called much, he is doing pretty good. The alternative could be a lot worse. He has made some tackles. I haven't watched a defensive replay in two weeks, but I'm pretty sure he has not been picked on.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Let's face it. We don't have a ton of playmakers. That makes it a whole lot easier for the opposition to gang up on the ones we do have.

I guess UM forgot to gang up on Mills, Lynch, Green, and Marshall? The way the offense is set up, you can't really gang up on one of the ABs. Those guys rotate in and they line up in different positions. If you put multiple people on one AB, then the QB or the other AB will be wide open.

Milwaukee

Banned

And Keshun Freeman hasn't had an impact in 2 years.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Poor Clinton Lynch. While GT fans are pining away for players, homeboy is like "I'm gonna just do me..."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/59/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets

This was the year other ABs were supposedly going to get CL performance reviewed out of the AB rotation after leading the ABs in receiving and rushing in 2015. Lo and behold, guess who's not letting the lack of love from his own fanbase affect his game?

Keep ballin' CL...

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
IMO both Searcy and Gray will be fine. Lynch is a baller but we knew that.

With A back we have more raw talent out there than I can recall under PJ. It needs to develop for sure, but the talent is there. If everyone gets their blocking down we have guys who can make big plays on the perimeter.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
IMO both Searcy and Gray will be fine. Lynch is a baller but we knew that.

With A back we have more raw talent out there than I can recall under PJ. It needs to develop for sure, but the talent is there. If everyone gets their blocking down we have guys who can make big plays on the perimeter.
The key word here is "raw" talent. They will all continue to improve with each snap and by the time they are juniors and seniors...look out. Some, like Searcy and especially Gray have already arrived, IMHO. All Marshall needs now is an opening and a seam, but after he develops his vision and instinct a little more he will be able to make his own open field once beyond the LOS. Experience is the teacher and together with mature talent we are a dominant offense again. We could still surprise this year, but next year is when I expect a big move forward on O.

stingyoa$$

Jolly Good Fellow
The dirty "P" word.............Potential. Means nothing and doesn't translate into wins. Let's be honest, no one can project the future of any player. To say an older player will make an impact is nothing more than a guess. There are players that lose the desire to play after 4+ years of grinding it out in school and recovering from injuries that we never hear about. The players who are contributors and who graduate get mad respect from me. This $hit isn't easy folks.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Searcy has disappeared because, JeT has struggled with the pitch read this year, not necessarily his fault. When the lead A Back misses the CB, we can't pitch the ball. JeT has had to eat it more than he's had the chance to pitch it.