QB Transfer from Temple

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
And Temple still trounced GT. Might want to check out the ranking and more importantly, the talent funneling in under Collins predecessor vs MoneyDownClown and see my point. I suppose we can take comfort knowing we ain’t paying him and even delight knowing some of you are, directly and on the hook for 4 more years. We was scammed. ATL got fleeced
You might want to slither back to your own place. When you come to our house, you come with respect, not this weak-*** crap. Temple is an also-ran. It always has been, probably always will be. It was so bad they disbanded the program. It was a blight on the Big East (and that's a feat because Big East football was already a joke and had Rutgers). So, you troll on home and let us worry about our coach.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You might want to slither back to your own place. When you come to our house, you come with respect, not this weak-*** crap. Temple is an also-ran. It always has been, probably always will be. It was so bad they disbanded the program. It was a blight on the Big East (and that's a feat because Big East football was already a joke and had Rutgers). So, you troll on home and let us worry about our coach.

I'm at an age where I just ignore trolls and don't give them any oxygen. Seriously, what kind of human being are you to find time in your life to go to another fanbase's messageboard and spew trash?

However, if you're going to crush a troll, that's how it's done.

jojatk

Ramblin' Wreck
And Temple still trounced GT. Might want to check out the ranking and more importantly, the talent funneling in under Collins predecessor vs MoneyDownClown and see my point. I suppose we can take comfort knowing we ain’t paying him and even delight knowing some of you are, directly and on the hook for 4 more years. We was scammed. ATL got fleeced
geoff-collins-georgia-tech.png

vespinaeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Yup. Check out this list:
1) Tucker Gleason transferred.
2) Tobias Oliver changed positions.
3) Demetrius Knight changed positions.
4) James Graham transferred.
5) Lucas Johnson transferred.
6) Jay Jones transferred.
7) Ty Griffin transferred.
8) Christian Campbell injured his wrist and changed positions.
9) Matthew Jordan got injured and stopped playing.
10) Jaylend Ratliffe was injured and disqualified.

That's just within the last like 7 years.
Yep, without a coaching change in 2019, Tobias Oliver or Lucas Johnson would have been the first actual QB recruit to start at Tech since 2016.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
How about you just f*** off?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Geoff Collins just wasn't the greatest fit for Temple if he was going to stick around for 2 years. He didn't have the NE roots and chose to use his own connections to recruit for them. While he did OK, as you can imagine it's a bit difficult to convince a GA/FL kid to live in Philly and play for a G6 school. CGC comes with his own personality quirks (as we are well aware) and gimmicky sales pitching, and I admit I'd be annoyed too if he weren't so entrenched in our current community and used Tech as a stepping stone.

But Temple fans need to get off their high horse. A stepping stone is what their school is. It's what it was for mediocre coaches Al Golden and Steve Addazio who capitalized on good seasons but whose collective record was 40-44. And it's what it was for Matt Rhule whose eventual success was higher than any predecessor. But it's asinine to think that his two 10-win seasons would be a benchmark for their program moving forward, conveniently ignoring that he was 8-16 prior to that. Fact is CGC's record there was just fine, and he did right by his players, particularly in ensuring that his staff stayed around until they played their ball game so that he wouldn't abandon them.

MH55

Georgia Tech Fan
As a reminder, deliberate trolling is a violation of site rules.
I come here as a missionary. I see very poorly educated posters left adrift w no idea what they are publishing. I know Collins inheited a team whose QB had no offers. His predecessor turned him into a conference champion and he's making bank in the NFL now. Collins guy threw 1 TD and quit. Now hes on your roster. You can have both of them. True, Temple FB has seen very hard times but I laugh heartily knowing we beat Tech like a puppy with a bad bladder. If you were a visitor to my board, I told people lay the 10, it was the lock of the decade. I only wish I had the fortitude to put a substantial portion of my 401K on it. Even Cheesesteak Fiend, I mean Waffle House didnt mess that up. I will continue to cash knowing you are bringing the same inept Defense, short yardage fiasco philosophy and twitter hype FB to the ACC this seaon. Sure Geoff will pay the mortgage w a couple wins over Kennesaw St and some of the other ACC dregs but you'll lose by 3 TDs + to every team that matters on your schedule.

SnidelyWhiplash

Helluva Engineer
I come here as a missionary. I see very poorly educated posters left adrift w no idea what they are publishing. I know Collins inheited a team whose QB had no offers. His predecessor turned him into a conference champion and he's making bank in the NFL now. Collins guy threw 1 TD and quit. Now hes on your roster. You can have both of them. True, Temple FB has seen very hard times but I laugh heartily knowing we beat Tech like a puppy with a bad bladder. If you were a visitor to my board, I told people lay the 10, it was the lock of the decade. I only wish I had the fortitude to put a substantial portion of my 401K on it. Even Cheesesteak Fiend, I mean Waffle House didnt mess that up. I will continue to cash knowing you are bringing the same inept Defense, short yardage fiasco philosophy and twitter hype FB to the ACC this seaon. Sure Geoff will pay the mortgage w a couple wins over Kennesaw St and some of the other ACC dregs but you'll lose by 3 TDs + to every team that matters on your schedule.

This is a lot of bluster from a guy who won 1 single game last year. That game was a 2 point win over a team that itself went winless in the AAC. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:🖕

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
God's ways are unfathomable to us mortals but notice the kid said "play FB" at GT and not specifically QB. Furthermore, one of the five existing Owls fans on the planet says the kid is not a D1 caliber QB. I think therefore this is conclusive evidence we are looking at our starting TE for next year.
Oh. That's different. How?

Lotta Juice

Jolly Good Fellow
I had no idea who Trad Beatty was before this thread but even the simplest investigation shows he received offers from App State, Georgia St, and Ball St. May not be world beaters but they are FBS contrary to your previous claim. You can't even trash talk accurately and your claim of "poorly educated posters" is clearly projection. Go back to dreaming about the woulda-coulda-shouldas of if you had the balls to gamble your 401k on Temple football.

TromboneJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh! You’re so right! How silly of Tech to hire Collins instead of Matt Rhule! Because he totally wanted to go from Baylor to Tech. And how dare Collins leave Temple with enough talent to beat a Power 5 team convincingly! By the way, could clarify which teams matter on our schedule? Because if you’re going to say Clemson and that “school” in Athens, then there’s a lot of teams who ought to have revolving doors of coaching hires for losing to them convincingly year after year. This QB transfer seems like a good kid. Just wish him well. No need to crap on his new school, especially since it seems like not a big loss for y’all anyway.

MountainBuzzMan

Ramblin' Wreck
Some laughable hot takes here. Beatty isnt an FBS QB and his recruitment by Collins & Pataneude, after inheriting a conference championship team, is precisely another example why Las Vegas doesnt believe we will win 3 games this year. Of course, your moderator(s) will probably swiftly move to mute this rational explanation so the GT fanbase will remain 2-3 years from realizing this perspective for themselves.
I dont understand why you would slam this kid on a message board of a team he just transferred to?
What did he do, bang your mom, your wife and your sister in wild drunken weekend and you are still pissed?

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

We lost a game. Badly. Therefore feel free to go ahead and sidestep any thing that was actually factually stated or otherwise argued.