QB Transfer from Temple

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Some laughable hot takes here. Beatty isnt an FBS QB and his recruitment by Collins & Pataneude, after inheriting a conference championship team, is precisely another example why Las Vegas doesnt believe we will win 3 games this year. Of course, your moderator(s) will probably swiftly move to mute this rational explanation so the GT fanbase will remain 2-3 years from realizing this perspective for themselves.
Guess I’m getting trolled, but conference championship inherited that was 7-6 and 2nd in the Coastal during 2018? Or the powerful 5-6 bunch that finished 3rd in 2017?

Lotta Juice

Jolly Good Fellow
Some laughable hot takes here. Beatty isnt an FBS QB and his recruitment by Collins & Pataneude, after inheriting a conference championship team, is precisely another example why Las Vegas doesnt believe we will win 3 games this year. Of course, your moderator(s) will probably swiftly move to mute this rational explanation so the GT fanbase will remain 2-3 years from realizing this perspective for themselves.
Always Sunny Troll GIF

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Temple recruiting has been on FIRE, since Collins left. The 102nd, 104th and the 117th ranked classes they have landed since he left has Temple football ready to take the next step.

MH55

Georgia Tech Fan
And Temple still trounced GT. Might want to check out the ranking and more importantly, the talent funneling in under Collins predecessor vs MoneyDownClown and see my point. I suppose we can take comfort knowing we ain’t paying him and even delight knowing some of you are, directly and on the hook for 4 more years. We was scammed. ATL got fleeced

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
And Temple still trounced GT. Might want to check out the ranking and more importantly, the talent funneling in under Collins predecessor vs MoneyDownClown and see my point. I suppose we can take comfort knowing we ain’t paying him and even delight knowing some of you are, directly and on the hook for 4 more years. We was scammed. ATL got fleeced
Time will tell.

But I like the recruiting progress, especially in transfers. Would like to see it translate into more W's, but..yes, I will give it some time and especially if I see the competitive nature improving, even in losses.

I am not a fan of some of the gimmicky stuff myself, but I am a fan of whatever gets good recruits to consider GT.

LongforDodd

Helluva Engineer
Actually, I hope the moderators pin this to the top so that we don't forget this hot take.

LongforDodd

Helluva Engineer
Temple recruiting has been on FIRE, since Collins left. The 102nd, 104th and the 117th ranked classes they have landed since he left has Temple football ready to take the next step.
This isn't a Temple fan... this is a "feelings hurt" fan of the previous coaching administration.

Kinda' like these guys in a way:

MountainBuzzMan

Ramblin' Wreck
I may have some serious concerns about Collins being over his head and needing a lot more on the job training to being a good coach. But no one can deny he is a great recruiter!

I am hoping he can grow as a coach this year and lean on the talent he has been building to turn into an actual FBS level coach and not just a recruiter.

This is his make or break year. He has to show serious progress as a coach or it will start to hurt his future recruiting. No he wont be fired after this season but the writing will be on the wall.

cthenrys

Jolly Good Fellow
I may have some serious concerns about Collins being over his head and needing a lot more on the job training to being a good coach. But no one can deny he is a great recruiter!

I am hoping he can grow as a coach this year and lean on the talent he has been building to turn into an actual FBS level coach and not just a recruiter.

This is his make or break year. He has to show serious progress as a coach or it will start to hurt his future recruiting. No he wont be fired after this season but the writing will be on the wall.
Yep. This year is a very likely inflection point. We’ll have a pretty high confidence level on the direction we are heading after this year. Fingers crossed.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
This isn't a Temple fan... this is a "feelings hurt" fan of the previous coaching administration.

Kinda' like these guys in a way:

If you are talking about MH55…. His first post said “35 year Temple fan.”

Jilted. And this thread is about us taking one of their QBs. Let’s be easy on the guy. They aren’t about to be Do anything significant for awhile.

4shotB

Staff member
I struggle to believe God wants him to play QB at Georgia Tech.

God's ways are unfathomable to us mortals but notice the kid said "play FB" at GT and not specifically QB. Furthermore, one of the five existing Owls fans on the planet says the kid is not a D1 caliber QB. I think therefore this is conclusive evidence we are looking at our starting TE for next year.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Diaz was only there 2 and a half weeks and Temple got a 4 million dollar buyout when he left.

I get the money aspect, but one of them gave them 2 years and one of them bailed in 2 weeks. So it’s hilarious to me that they’re treated completely different. Weird fanbase.