QB Rating

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Having nothing to do with QB rating but I don't see another place for it, does anybody know how many plays of 10 yards or more we had against Tennessee?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
In the Paul Johnson era, I've always maintained that the GTAA needs to keep and publicize an "option yards" stat to account for the yards the backs get off option pitches. Our QBs get their running and passing yards they generate compared to other QBs, but those miss a big chunk of yards they are directly responsible for. I believe that would go a long way toward getting our QBs more respect from around the conference and nation when their yards generated matches up more positively against the competition.
Edit: This would be a good thing to pass along to Stansbury. Anyone here have any luck getting a reply on emails sent his way?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
In the Paul Johnson era, I've always maintained that the GTAA needs to keep and publicize an "option yards" stat to account for the yards the backs get off option pitches. Our QBs get their running and passing yards they generate compared to other QBs, but those miss a big chunk of yards they are directly responsible for. I believe that would go a long way toward getting our QBs more respect from around the conference and nation when their yards generated matches up more positively against the competition.
Edit: This would be a good thing to pass along to Stansbury. Anyone here have any luck getting a reply on emails sent his way?
You are so right that it can't be wrong. Except since nobody ever did it before, it can't be done. The correct option read is every bit as offensively productive as a pass, particularly in today's spread-and-throw-short game.

I emailed him once regarding a slight I felt that a member of the media had gotten, and he responded the next morning and resolved the problem by that afternoon.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Want an answer? Try sending him a check with minimum 5 figures to the left of the decimal. Include your question and email address. If you make it 7 figures, he will answer your question in your kitchen while cooking pancakes and bacon and pouring your coffee. You can design our new uniforms too.