QB Rating

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
SEC Privilege is a thing. Maybe we should make signs and violently march down the street, about it????

"Violently march down the street." Nice.

I've noticed a trend in tone around here lately that I really hope doesn't continue. I love this board.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Very, very normal for a lot of PJ QBs, as they don't throw often, but when they do, a lot of times it is for big, big yards. PJ always said his QB's should have high ratings, just not lots of attempts.

Pretty sure Tevin Washington was top 10 after the first half of the season in 2011 (before the team fell apart).

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
JT Game against duke last year is also ranked #10 on the all time best games list for QBR

Tevin has spot #19 from when we trashed UVA 56-20 in 2012

JT Orange Bowl #40 all time

Deleted member 2897

JT Game against duke last year is also ranked #10 on the all time best games list for QBR

Tevin has spot #19 from when we trashed UVA 56-20 in 2012

JT Orange Bowl #40 all time

I still remember his curtain call after the game, running around and blowing kisses to everyone in the stands. /Cries

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Fromm had a passing TD and was in on fewer plays than TQM. The numbers are somehow normalized based on plays they are involved in. I think that biases against option QBs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
QBR is different from the passer rating. It does include rushing. It also tries to parse out the quarterback's contribution to the yards. For example, a 10 yard pass followed by a 40 yard run after catch is not worth as much in QBR as a 50 yard pass where the receiver is tackled immediately.

Also, it apparently gives a QB more credit if he scrambles and gains 10 yds after protection breaks down than if he gained 10 yds on a QB draw, where he was likely more OL aided.

Again, I have no idea how they calculate it, but there does seem to be a correlation with QB's and Heisman trophies.