Pyron

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Pylon’s pocket awareness is one of his biggest talents. He instinctively floats away from pressure into gaps buying time while keeping his eyes downfield. He knows when it’s time to take off, too. Needs to slide more but I like his guts to take a hit. Must come from his option roots!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Pylon’s pocket awareness is one of his biggest talents. He instinctively floats away from pressure into gaps buying time while keeping his eyes downfield. He knows when it’s time to take off, too. Needs to slide more but I like his guts to take a hit. Must come from his option roots!
I like how fast he is!
Fast in going from time to throw and ball out. The ball out on time and near the receiver is damn hard to defend. Late is very bad. The td pass to 8 was text book.

Plus he is accurate even as he is moving in the pocket.

3 time state champ.

I think he is a winner

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
An honest-to-Dodd quarterback controversy looms! Chat site fodder forever, or until one of the contenders hits the portal.

someone will transfer....

Let's be really negative. What about both hitting the portal?

Enjoy the present, no one, probably not even the players, know what will happen next year.

I like Pyron a lot. And Sims too.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Exactly. Why folks wanna turn a surplus into a deficit.

Then again, I imagine the folks that don't want Sims back didn't want him back regardless of how Pyron does.
We don’t even have a QB committed for the 2023 class. We’re likely to go through a coaching change and the portal is going to be hot, both in and out.

I hope they both come back, but if I could only pick 1 I’m taking Pyron every time.

slugboy

Staff member
In his first start, Pyron had a respectable 67.9 QBR from ESPN. It’s a secret formula and who knows what’s in it. Drake May leads the conference at 89.6.

All-in-all, he ended up as the #2 runner on the team, well into positive numbers, despite taking some long sacks. I’m looking forward to the PFF report on the game, because there were a few near-circus catches to bail him out, but there were quite a few drops that hit receivers between the numbers.

Pyron had a good game, but there’s a ton of room to improve. There were a few times he misread the handoff and a few more that he missed the open receiver or threw it to the wrong receiver. He seemed to correct those mistakes in later series, which is a good sign.

Just because Pyron had a good start shouldn’t mean Sims isn’t loaded with potential—remember, Sims upset FSU in his first start as a freshman, too, and that was a more challenging opponent.

FWIW, I did not like Long’s play calls at the 1 yd line. However, that was pretty bad of the punt return team to leave us in that position.

3E020CA7-2FFE-4E1F-8912-4AADD27EDDBD.jpeg