ProJackets Update

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but some new details on Darren Wallers past of just how deep he was in with his drug struggles in college. I just find it hard to believe either no coaches at the time were aware or tried to help him during his time here. Or maybe they did, but he didn’t take? Just crazy he could do all that and still play at the level he did on Saturdays.

AugustaSwarm

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure if this is the best thread for this, but some new details on Darren Wallers past of just how deep he was in with his drug struggles in college. I just find it hard to believe either no coaches at the time were aware or tried to help him during his time here. Or maybe they did, but he didn’t take? Just crazy he could do all that and still play at the level he did on Saturdays.

Wow! I had no idea! What an amazing story and kudos to him for being able to share that publicly. This makes me root harder for him!

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck

I remember hanging out with a group of friends that included a player’s girlfriend while I was at Tech, and she mentioned a couple players who had addiction problems. It’s a difficult thing to get through, and it can be difficult to help. Congratulations to Darren on his recovery, and good luck to him on continuing his journey!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'm glad Waller had the guts to break his addiction and tell his story. I did a lot of work with drug courts in my career and I can tell you that doing both is not even close to easy. Both are necessary to change your life and give you a chance to use what gifts you have. Congratulations to Darren for doing both.

alagold

Helluva Engineer

Yep, he tells the story on coming in as Fr and seeing a bunch of older guys somewhere (apt?) and they said "c'mon in and have some grass blow ".

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yep, he tells the story on coming in as Fr and seeing a bunch of older guys somewhere (apt?) and they said "c'mon in and have some grass blow ".
CPJ gave darren all the chances he could and they did try to help him. They didn't kick him off the team for drinking. And Darren managed to not piss hot somehow unlike others to force the Institute to kick him out.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ gave darren all the chances he could and they did try to help him. They didn't kick him off the team for drinking. And Darren managed to not piss hot somehow unlike others to force the Institute to kick him out.
I thought Darren was smoking it up. Was it the drinking?