ProJackets Update

Recleb

Georgia Tech Fan
Yahoo Sports fail:

1692019710806.png

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I was wrong when i repeatedly told Andy Mac ( gt) and Kelly Q ( rivals) that J Thomas should play Olb. In NW fla all star basketball hmgame he played guard squared off against a power foward ( defensive end recruit). For a short while the other guys kind of moved back and watched them try to go to the rim and dunk on each other.

His mom and little sis are short in stature but big on smile. They were sure fun at the yellow jacket ally. Bet they are giddy.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
GT Players Update:

Players Cut
EJ Jenkins (jets), Malachi Carter (bengals), Charlie Thomas (browns), Hassan Hall (browns), Jalen Camp (texans), Ace Eley (panthers), Tre Swilling (49ers)

Lets hope all of these guys get practice squad offers and have another chance to live out their dream of playing pro ball.

Juanyeh, Tariq, JP Mason all made their rosters. I know Tyler Davis was hurt and am guessing the Packers placed him on I.R. JP Mason looks to be a pretty significant contributor this year (as he was last year) which shouldn't surprise anyone on this board. The guy single-handedly won us games in 2019.

I didn't mention Harvin, Keion, Gotsis, Shaq, Butker, Waller, Gibbs, etc because they are pretty established on their teams and will be starters or significant role-players.

I think Cottrell was on the Jags last year but have not heard from him since his injury last season/pre-season. I am not sure if he is in the league anymore. Hope I am wrong there.

If I missed anyone, someone fill in the gaps.

I hope Gibbs introduces himself as being from GA Tech at some point this year in the player intros to the games. Would be cool to see. He gave a nod to us on draft night by placing the GT helmet right next to there Bama one. He is a class act and best of luck to him on the Lions.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
GT Players Update:

Players Cut
EJ Jenkins (jets), Malachi Carter (bengals), Charlie Thomas (browns), Hassan Hall (browns), Jalen Camp (texans), Ace Eley (panthers), Tre Swilling (49ers)

Lets hope all of these guys get practice squad offers and have another chance to live out their dream of playing pro ball.

Juanyeh, Tariq, JP Mason all made their rosters. I know Tyler Davis was hurt and am guessing the Packers placed him on I.R. JP Mason looks to be a pretty significant contributor this year (as he was last year) which shouldn't surprise anyone on this board. The guy single-handedly won us games in 2019.

I didn't mention Harvin, Keion, Gotsis, Shaq, Butker, Waller, Gibbs, etc because they are pretty established on their teams and will be starters or significant role-players.

I think Cottrell was on the Jags last year but have not heard from him since his injury last season/pre-season. I am not sure if he is in the league anymore. Hope I am wrong there.

I hope Gibbs introduces himself as being from GA Tech at some point this year in the player intros to the games. Would be cool to see. He gave a nod to us on draft night by placing the GT helmet right next to there Bama one. He is a class act and best of luck to him on the Lions.
Cottrell retired from football over the summer.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
Man I can’t believe Charlie Thomas got cut. His measurables probably aren’t top of the line, like speed and strength. But the game speed and instinct for playmaking was best I’ve seen at tech in my young life.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Man I can’t believe Charlie Thomas got cut. His measurables probably aren’t top of the line, like speed and strength. But the game speed and instinct for playmaking was best I’ve seen at tech in my young life.
Last year - he made many plays when it looked like he was out of position. Ditto - he was in position so fast others made plays. Hope Thacker can coach up another one

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
GT Players Update:

Players Cut

It’s pretty incredible Tariq made the Packers 53 as a newly-converted LB in a crowded LB room.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He may have just been caught in a numbers game. Another team may pick him up that has a need at his position. Could end up on the practice team if they see potential for him. He is a little light for LB but he really hits and has a nose for the ball.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He may have just been caught in a numbers game. Another team may pick him up that has a need at his position. Could end up on the practice team if they see potential for him. He is a little light for LB but he really hits and has a nose for the ball.

This. Let's not forget, Harrison Butker was drafted, then sent to the practice squad after Carolina decided to keep Graham Gano...and the rest is Kansas City Super Bowl history.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Stewart Cink has also generously contributed to Tech. He and his wife are the nicest people you would ever meet. My wife and I were at a 25 year alumni dinner two years ago. We were standing by ourselves when they walked up to us, introduced themselves, and spoke to us for a half hour. No ego or sense of entitlement. Just good, down to earth people.
A good ole Florence, Alabama boy who was raised right.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
GT Players Update:

Players Cut

I'm a little surprised about Hassan.He looked good the little chance he got in preseason..He pleasantly surprised me last yr. ex--The guy closed out the Pitt? game by running over a safety on a 50 yd run as I recall.