ProJackets Update

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

Techster

Helluva Engineer
thanks for sharing the list - TC made it - wow and have to admit suprised by that one the most - I thought lack of speed would eliminate him. Good for him. Jordan Mason -not suprised - NFL is mean and for big tough guys - he is one. Gibbs is going to have to tougheen up to be good RB in NFL - we'll see.

Um, 'Bama has a BUNCH of future NFL defenders on their roster. He's getting to practice against them everyday. Lots of GT fans were saying he would get swallowed up at 'Bama...but the reviews are out and Gibbs has been a superstar in practice. He's going to more than fine in the NFL.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Well....cancel that. Shame for Jalen...he was having a good pre-season. Sure hope somebody will pick him up.
Jalen Camp got released. Likely will make their PS though. He had a nice first preseason game then was quiet the other two.
Looks like I didn't check the most updated list. Thanks for the correction! It's a shame he didn't make it but hopefully he gets picked up somewhere else.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Um, 'Bama has a BUNCH of future NFL defenders on their roster. He's getting to practice against them everyday. Lots of GT fans were saying he would get swallowed up at 'Bama...but the reviews are out and Gibbs has been a superstar in practice. He's going to more than fine in the NFL.
I agree with what you are saying. I'm just basing it on what I have seen to date.
He is clearly a talent and it's sad he is gone. Probably a good move on his part to go to Bama - sad to say. But that is where college football is today.

JacketFan137

Banned
continued good news for mason! trey sermon got cut so they must really love mason and what he did in camp. sermon was a 3rd round pick last year so mason must have been amazing all camp

9ers backfield is filled with guys made of glass so it wouldn’t surprise me if mason gets some run at some point. he just needs the opportunity and he’ll do something with it

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
continued good news for mason! trey sermon got cut so they must really love mason and what he did in camp. sermon was a 3rd round pick last year so mason must have been amazing all camp

9ers backfield is filled with guys made of glass so it wouldn’t surprise me if mason gets some run at some point. he just needs the opportunity and he’ll do something with it
1661985329857.gif

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer

I thought that Mason would make it. He's everything the pros want: big, fast, he's hard to bring down, he can catch, and he can block.The only question was whether he would get on a team with a coaching staff that would recognize it.

It's real simple. Give Mason the ball 20 times and, with half decent blocking, he'll deliver 90 - 105 yards. He always has and I doubt that will continue in the pros.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

Not taking away from Mason but a lot of it was on Sermon. He was not a scheme fit. Too indecisive at the line which makes you useless in that run scheme and he never got better at it. I'm glad the 49er front office swallowed their pride and cut their losses.

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not taking away from Mason but a lot of it was on Sermon. He was not a scheme fit. Too indecisive at the line which makes you useless in that run scheme and he never got better at it. I'm glad the 49er front office swallowed their pride and cut their losses.
Agreed. Sucker for Sermon but the 49ers are awful at selecting running backs in the draft or free agency but excellent with undrafted free agent pick ups. At least shannahan seems to make it work.