ProJackets Update

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I agree with this mostly. It is not GT's fault in itself, the college football landscape is in the middle of it's biggest upheaval in its history. I fear NIL is going to relegate mid to low-teir P5 schools to defacto G-5 status. We are going to become the SC Freiburg of the Bundesliga and see all of our top players poached by the Bayern Munichs of the world with lucrative contracts.

That said, the top schools only have so many roster spots and we can still develop players into NFL talent. There are plenty of top-notch NFL players (Mack, for one) that came from G-5 schools. Not to divert too far off of the thread's topic, but I think some P5 schools will have to debate whether to choose a dramatic change of course and attempt to break the mold to win. I think that running weird, exotic systems in college football with players that are not poached by the larger schools may be the answer. Please don't think this means only CPJ's offense. A derivative of that offense may be an answer, if it survives the continuous rule changes that the NCAA passes, but also air raid offenses that rely on X's and O's instead of superb God-given talent. My fear for GT in this regard is that we pulled the trigger approx. 20 years too soon with the CPJ hire and are now somewhat jaded by it. The CGC is definitely a reaction of sorts to CPJ - they are the opposite of each other in too many respects, we can all admit that.

Back to the draft. I think Carpenter will be our first player drafted and think he will be a late 5th to 6th round pick. Thomas and Cochran will be drafted as well, perhaps in the 7th. Swilling and Quez Jackson will get undrafted deals. In all, regardless of who recruited and who coached them, these young men getting a shot at the NFL is comething to celebrate and we should all be happy for them and not let discussion about their success devolve into the petty bickering that has been going on in every thread on this forum for the past 3 years. I say that knowing full well that I have done more than my fair share of complaining.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce Jordan-Swilling give running back a shot in the 2023 XFL. He was a 4-star RB recruit.
Well said.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
So happy for him. Loved his high school play in Tennessee and was pumped when we offered him a scholarship and feared the worst when he was injured.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
So happy for him. Loved his high school play in Tennessee and was pumped when we offered him a scholarship and feared the worst when he was injured.
Unfortunately he still seems to get dinged up all the time after his touches. He’s still runs a little stiff and doesn’t take hits well (as I type this from my cushy 70° home office). I really hope he’s able to stay healthy and keep getting this league $.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Great interview with Tyler Davis:
I was flipping through nfl games last playoffs I think it was and happened to catch Davis make a nice catch 20 yds downfield beneath the safety. Looked like your average TE. I hope he gets to stick around in the league.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

Second-year receiver Jalen Camp has been the most consistent of the "other" receivers through the first week. During seven-on-seven drills, the former Georgia Tech star made four consecutive catches, including one on a seam route down the sideline that would have been a touchdown during a live game.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Proud of Jack Coco! Really great story....hope it works out for him.

Incredible story of hard work and determination. LOVE his story of how he earned a scholly at GT, and now it looks like he's positioned himself for a professional career.

WraleighWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Here’s hoping he makes the team and has an Andrew Economos type career. Doubt most Texh folks realize Economos played 9 seasons in the nfl, mostly with the Bucs. Long snapper, best position in football. No one knows your name(even if you muff a snap or two), d lineman can’t touch you and you make $600k a year to throw a football between your legs. Good work if you can get it.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck

Apparently, both did well....
Mason finished the night with six carries for 30 yards, which was third on the team. He did not see action until the second half of the game, but he made the most of the opportunity that he did have.
Carpenter was on the opposite side and he finished the night with five tackles for the Packers, which was tied for second on the team.