ProJackets Update

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nice little piece on Thursday night football with tre Mason and Zach laskey visiting a hospital. Pretty cool!
They were visiting Shriners Hospital of St. Louis. I have always found it amazing to see these big, tough football players go and hang out with these kids. I know it's a PR thing but it's a special type of person that is willing to emotionally invest in these types of visits.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The fans there don't have a clue what they have and they'll be thrilled when they find out.

Some of us do. But chances are none of them will find out with our coaching staff and front office.

Thanks for posting this, I've been wondering when he might get a chance this year, but now he gets to come back full strength next year without having to play catch up. He'll probably be a good sleeper pick in fantasy as nobody else will expect much.

A good sleeper pick? Lol. More like waste of a pick. The 49ers haven't developed a WR worth a damn since Terrell Owens other than maybe Michael Crabtree. And have you seen their offense? The scheme is a disaster but it's what the front office wants. Unless they clean house management-wise, which they won't, I wouldn't touch any of the 49ers' offensive players with a ten foot pole.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Rams Sign Six Players to Futures Contracts

http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and...ontracts/1ff09bec-1518-4e31-a7eb-d39a2f4c6110

On Tuesday, the Rams announced the signing of six free agents to reserve/future contracts. These deals are limited to players who were not on an active roster at the conclusion of the previous season. All six signees ended the 2015 season on the Rams’ practice squad.

Zach Laskey

The Rams signed Laskey as an undrafted free agent in May of 2015. The rookie out of Georgia Tech was named to the 2014 All-ACC Second Team his senior season. He spent the 2015 season on the Rams’ practice squad.

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
Buffalo Bills signed CB Mario Butler to a contract extension today.

Butler was on the 53-man roster all season and appeared in 13 games, making his first career start against Dallas in Week 16. He had 15 tackles on defense and his five pass breakups were good for fifth-best on the team.
awesome news!

From earlier last year about how he overcame a tough upbringing:
http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/22/bills-butler-finds-faith-in-forgiveness/

And about how he lost a friend just before his first NFL start last month:
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...spective/3b637ec1-a501-4b90-94dc-a973802c4a11

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Quayshawn Nealy and Tampa Bay have been having some fun...

11/04/2015 Signed LB Quayshawn Nealy to the practice squad.
11/17/2015 Released LB Quayshawn Nealy from the practice squad.
1/12 Quayshawn Nealy LB Practice Squad

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why some want to suggest that Neally can't make it in the NFL. He was a turnover Titan for us.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why some want to suggest that Neally can't make it in the NFL. He was a turnover Titan for us.

He was a really good player for us, but I just don't think he's athletic enough to stick in the NFL. A lot of his success was due to being a really smart and instinctive player, which in the NFL doesn't really make a difference if you aren't athletic enough to be on the field in the first place. I hope after his career is over he comes back to coach.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Nissan #ProJackets Report, Divisional Round
Demaryius Thomas played in front of his mom for the first time Sunday night
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Jan. 18, 2016

Four #ProJackets punched their tickets to Sunday's conference championship games. Shaq Mason will face fellow Georgia Tech alumni Demaryius Thomas and Vance Walker in the AFC Championship Game at Denver, while Lou Young and the Carolina Panthers will host the Arizona Cardinals in the NFC Championship Game.

With the conference championship matchups set, Super Bowl 50 will feature at least one #ProJacket on a team roster, marking the eighth time in the last nine years that at least one #ProJacket will play in a Super Bowl.

Denver's Divisional Round win over Pittsburgh was extra sweet for Demaryius Thomas, whose mom was watching him play football for the first time.

Check out the rest of this week's Nissan #ProJackets Report.

#PROJACKETS REPORT, 2016 PLAYOFFS
PLAYER
DIVISIONAL NEXT GAME
8828785.jpeg

Morgan Burnett, S
Green Bay Packers

6th Year
GT Bio | NFL Bio | Twitter Saturday, Jan. 16
STARTED at ARI

(L, 20-26)
4 tackles FINAL 2015 STATS
Games Played: 11
Games Started: 11

68 tackles
5 PDef, 2 FF
8828741.jpeg

Shaq Mason, OL
New England Patriots

ROOKIE
GT Bio | NFL Bio | Twitter Saturday, Jan. 16
STARTED vs. KC

(W, 27-20)
No Stats AFC Championship
Sunday, Jan. 24

at DEN
3:05 p.m. ET
CBS
8828765.jpeg

Demaryius Thomas, WR
Denver Broncos

6th Year
GT Bio | NFL Bio | Twitter Sunday, Jan. 17
STARTED vs. PIT

(W, 23-16)4 rec., 40 yds. AFC Championship
Sunday, Jan. 24

vs. NE
CBS
8828740.jpeg

Vance Walker, DE
Denver Broncos

7th Year
GT Bio | NFL Bio | Twitter Sunday, Jan. 17
PLAYED vs. PIT

(W, 23-16)
2 tackles AFC Championship
Sunday, Jan. 24

vs. NE
CBS
8828739.jpeg

Lou Young, CB
Carolina Panthers

1st YearGT Bio | NFL Bio | Twitter Sunday, Jan. 17
DNP (Inactive) vs. SEA

(W, 31-24) NFC Championship
Sunday, Jan. 24

vs. ARI
6:40 p.m. ET
FOX
For the latest on Georgia Tech alumni in the NFL, be sure to follow our updates on Twitter (@GeorgiaTechFB) and Facebook (facebook.com/GTAthletics) by using the hashtag #ProJackets.