ProJackets Update

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
https://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-training-camp-preview-names-to-watch

» Chris Milton, cornerback: The Colts seem content with a cornerback core group that includes the likes of Pierre Desir, Quincy Wilson, Nate Hairston and Kenny Moore II. But if the team decides to bring on a fifth cornerback as part of its initial 53-man roster, Milton could certainly be a prime candidate. The third-year Georgia Tech product signed with the Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2016, and ended up playing in six games, with one start, in his rookie season after the team became plagued with injuries at the position. Milton would go on to play in 14 games last season, however, and turned into one of the team’s top playmakers on special teams — which is typically expected out of a fourth or fifth cornerback. Milton’s six special teams tackles in 2017 trailed only Moore II (eight) for the team lead. So while his play on defense during camp is certainly critical, new special teams coordinator Bubba Ventrone will also likely have a say when it comes to some of the more “on the bubble” type players, like Milton.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm pulling for Ricky but the Cowboy's WR coach Sanjay Lal is known as one of the worst WR coaches in the NFL. Hopefully he has a good year even with the coaching.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...-fans-taven-bryan-earns-applause/77-578252779

- Impressive Play Alert: Wide receiver DeAndre Smelter made an unbelievable catch while falling backward during 11-on-11 drills. Kessler threw the ball right through Seamster's hands and Smelter made the grab mid-fall. Smelter received applause from the crowd after the highlight reel catch.
Those type of plays will help, but I imagine his consistent downfield blocking with the occasional decleating crack back will earn his roster spot.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There is definitely a knock on our Olinemen coming out of the offense that they can't pass protect, especially with the NFL being a pass happy league. But Shaq's success in the league will hopefully allow NFL scouts/GM's/coaches to be less gunshy of pulling the trigger on our big uglies. The more we put in the league, the easier it will be to recruit the position and that's the big takeaway for me.

“Well, Shaq made a big jump in year one, coming from the system he was in, learning pass protection,” Bill Belichick said. “He’s played well for us for three years, going on four years. He’s very athletic, tough, smart, physical, good playing strength, a good football player.

Those last few lines, along with being devastating run blockers, should be the calling card for our OL's.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
There is definitely a knock on our Olinemen coming out of the offense that they can't pass protect, especially with the NFL being a pass happy league. But Shaq's success in the league will hopefully allow NFL scouts/GM's/coaches to be less gunshy of pulling the trigger on our big uglies. The more we put in the league, the easier it will be to recruit the position and that's the big takeaway for me.

Those last few lines, along with being devastating run blockers, should be the calling card for our OL's.
I agree, but with all due respect to our guys, we simply don’t have Shaq Masons growing on trees.