Prognostication after Virginia Tech

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
We have not played our best football in any of the first 4 games. Still, we sit at 4-0. This is a young team and anything more than 7 or 8 wins is a huge accomplishment. I still think 9 or 10 is possible.

What excites me most is how young we are. We will definitely miss Laskey next year, but this team should be much improved. We need that with our schedule next year. Could end up having a better this year than next year even though we should be better next year.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
losing Mason, Laskey, Days, Zenon, Perkins, Smelter, Waller etc next year cannot be overlooked. The AB experience and blocking has been key. I am less concerned about losing Laskey; but the other spots on the perimeter (blocking, knowledge) etc are big losses.

I wouldn't look fwd to any year when you are 4-0.

wingsrlevel

Jolly Good Fellow
We are better this year at 2 key positions...QB and BB. Biggest reasons why we are 4-0. Both these positions give us more of an offensive threat than last year.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It is HARD to outscore EVERY opponent all season long.

anybody that lived through the Joe Hamilton years knows this to be the truth. #14 was a College Hall of Famer, one of the best 4 or 5 to play the position in the modern era that I have seen and leader of some unbelievably potent offenses. sadly that wasn't enough.

Defenses never have bad games. Offenses do.

Atomic Jacket

Banned
After seeing the games play out yesterday, I'm willing to move the North Carolina and Pitt games from Losses to Toss-ups. I still think they have the edge due to Tech playing on the road. The Miami game is still a Toss-up, but I'm giving them the edge due to momentum from the Miami-Duke game. I'm now saying we will finish the season 6-6. But we could finish as high as 10-2 or as low as 5-7.

Win: Virginia
Toss-ups (GT wins 1 out of 5): Miami, Duke, at North Carolina, at Pitt, at NC State
Losses: Clemson, at Georgia

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
After seeing the games play out yesterday, I'm willing to move the North Carolina and Pitt games from Losses to Toss-ups. I still think they have the edge due to Tech playing on the road. The Miami game is still a Toss-up, but I'm giving them the edge due to momentum from the Miami-Duke game. I'm now saying we will finish the season 6-6. But we could finish as high as 10-2 or as low as 5-7.

Toss-ups (GT wins 1 out of 5): Miami, Duke, at North Carolina, at Pitt, at NC State
I'm not sure that Virginia isn't a "toss-up." They may not be the best team in the world, but they still have talent. I'm not quite ready to write down any games this season as a win.

Gojackets55

Banned

You just change your outlook every week so you can be right at some point.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I predicted 9 wins preseason. Beating VT was key in us being able to get to 9. That being said...the rest of our schedule looks tougher to me today than it did in the preseason. NC St and UVA look much better than I anticipated. Clemson has an amazing D and their O is starting to roll with that young QB now. Clemson vs. us will be much better than the Clemson we saw vs UGA. UGA might be the best team we face this year outside of FSU. UGA has weaknesses too though.

I think we will beat Miami. They don't look as good as I thought they would be so far. I will go on record and upgrade my prediction to 10 wins this year. As others have pointed out....we can win, or lose, any of the remaining games. (Please Lord let us beat Miami and the mutts though...you know how much I hate em both)

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck

Your "prediction" is that Tech could finish the remaining 8 games somewhere between 6-2 and 1-7... gtfooh. The only possibilities that you rule out are: 8-0, 7-1, and 0-8... So very bold of you...

Atomic Jacket

Banned
Your "prediction" is that Tech could finish the remaining 8 games somewhere between 6-2 and 1-7... gtfooh. The only possibilities that you rule out are: 8-0, 7-1, and 0-8... So very bold of you...

No, my prediction is 6-6. But there is enough parity in the remaining games that 10-2 to 5-7 would not be surprising.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
No, I change my outlook based on new information.

Prior to the end of the Ga Southern game you stated the GT football program "lacks the character to turn momentum and come from behind". It also has problems "deep in the foundation".

Now that you have information to the contrary how has that changed your prognostication?

We win 20% of tossups. I'm confused by your logic.