Preview of offense

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Lawson may end up killing the world, time will tell. He is very good and I don't argue that at all. The guys ahead of him last year were elite. But he did come off the bench. Was able to play fresh most of the time. Comparing him to our guys, who played with very few breathers, stat wise is a bit misleading.

Fair points.

And responding to uga bleuws - who do you think is the best of the three? Gotsis?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Nope. Don't know the gentleman and don't go to sting talk though I've heard of it. Just trying to put all this brand new offense stuff into perspective. Good off season fun, but ultimately a waste of neutrons or whatever. It is off in the cosmos somewhere. Come August, we run the ball.

You bet we run- some numbers that suprise me 2010-2014 Rushing TD = 47,45,48,46,47. Virtually no change in td.
Net rushing yds = 4203,4114,4357,3891(vad),4800(jet).
But we also pass 2010-14 passing TD 19,11,12,19 and passing yds = 1091?,1850,1700,1880.
Approx for AB Pass receptions -- for TD 5,5,7,3,3 and yds received =720,700,1000(Robert g),650,550.
i feel pretty good about yhe rushing attack - ol and qb strongest in pj era.

I feel pretty good about wr -no premiere but saw some flashes from backups.

At ab I think that with snoddy the only game experienced ab, the freshman will play a bigger role than is optimum. The easiest way will be called pass plays from a great qb.
I predict ab will have a lot more passes than last year - more like the Robert g year. I am going with over 10 td and 1000 yds passing ( mostly in first 5 games. ).
By end of year we will have a strong group of ab ready for uga.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Fair points.

And responding to uga bleuws - who do you think is the best of the three? Gotsis?

I honestly don't know, Gotsis may be the most important piece for us this season but i think DJ might have the brightest nfl future. Also i'd like to add Freeman to my list! How do Jabari's career numbers compare to your clemson guy?

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I honestly don't know, Gotsis may be the most important piece for us this season but i think DJ might have the brightest nfl future. Also i'd like to add Freeman to my list! How do Jabari's career numbers compare to your clemson guy?

Kinda apples to oranges since Jabari was a LB (and I think he's got the potential to be the best player we have on defense). Jabari's had a lot more tackles - particularly in 2012, but that's to be expected for an LB (particularly with more playing time). Tackles for loss are comparable, but in more playing time, and sacks are a little bit less.

Hunt days had some pretty dominant games though, which Clemson guy hasn't done (hasn't had the opportunity to).

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I hope whomever replaces Isaiah Johnson likes to bring the lumber like he did. That's one way to defend a qb that likes to run. D. Watson was getting pummeled by our D every time he ran the ball before he went down with that freak injury.
Maybe we disagree on "pummeled". He was hit hard twice by my view, once in a tackle that Johnson came in and really popped him while he was in the grip of a couple of other players, but gained maybe 10 yards, Johnson -- seeing it now -- was lucky not to get called for leading with the helmet, because he really popped him. Another option run off tackle got him hit hard, and that was it. He ran for gains 2-3 times and got tackled, but nothing unusual, and threw several passes that no GT player even got close to him on. Then at 2 minutes left in the first quarter, he went down on his own after another gain and was gone for the day. (Another interesting thing given the conversation elsewhere on Smelter's Georgia injury, Smith did a lot worse than that to a Clemson back though for the same reason, but dumped him twice.)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we disagree on "pummeled". He was hit hard twice by my view, once in a tackle that Johnson came in and really popped him while he was in the grip of a couple of other players, but gained maybe 10 yards, Johnson -- seeing it now -- was lucky not to get called for leading with the helmet, because he really popped him. Another option run off tackle got him hit hard, and that was it. He ran for gains 2-3 times and got tackled, but nothing unusual, and threw several passes that no GT player even got close to him on. Then at 2 minutes left in the first quarter, he went down on his own after another gain and was gone for the day. (Another interesting thing given the conversation elsewhere on Smelter's Georgia injury, Smith did a lot worse than that to a Clemson back though for the same reason, but dumped him twice.)

Smith's tackle was not worse than georgie's tackle of Smelter. Look for rotational motion.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, we will agree to disagree on this one.
I don't know the Georgia player was hyper extending his knee as he twisted up. I did not like the way it looked as it was happening and I was not surprised that it put Smelter out of the game. Would never have happened if ref had blown the whistle when he was on the ground.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the Georgia player was hyper extending his knee as he twisted up. I did not like the way it looked as it was happening and I was not surprised that it put Smelter out of the game. Would never have happened if ref had blown the whistle when he was on the ground.

I had the same reaction.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We'll agree on the officiating, too. They had a case of the slows all night it seemed.