Press conference 6:30 PM Eastern. Ramblinwreck.com

Deleted member 2897

Man...you are so stuck and on the triple option. I give you credit you have stuck to your guns. But that period is over. GT is above that service academy mentality. No need to be so abrasive against what the new coach wants to do. Accept the change. The old regime was 1-5 against Duke. That’s unacceptable. The “better way” wasn’t working anymore.

Well minor correction, 7-4.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
If he truly tries to run a pro style offense......we will be firing him in 3 years. Can't recruit that style of player to Tech
Ya see he problem with your statement is that Geoff Collins literally already did that. Like you could have picked any coach in Gts history and I'd believe you, but you literally are picking on the one recruiting coordinator that assembled a top 15 class for Georgia Tech

southernhive

Jolly Good Fellow
He talks a good game. We can only hope he coaches as well as he talks... As an IT guy I have a natural skepticism of salesmen, so I really hope my concern is simply my natural bias.
IT guy also and I'm not a fan of salesman either. Geoff is got his work cut out for him and I hope he can deliver. As a GT fan, I am rooting for him, but to pull off an NFL O and D, he will have to pull in some studs. He has been at GT in the past so he knows what an up'Hill' battle he has in front of him. I truly wish him luck and support.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
If he truly tries to run a pro style offense......we will be firing him in 3 years. Can't recruit that style of player to Tech

If Tech Nation has the misfortune of having to endure that, particularly if offensive results are down in year 3, well -- at least by then Brian Bohannon might be deemed ready to return to return to Tech, with his version of the option-oriented spread. ;) I'll "worry" about that after the 2021 season.

Continual rah-rah sales mode doesn't do it for me -- I'm just not wired that way -- but if Collins' approach does for the players and most fans, and there are good results, that's what matters. One thing for sure -- Collins isn't walking into a rebuilding project, as most new coaches do. The offensive cupboard is not empty.

Given that many NFL offenses now use some RPO plays and concepts, and in recent years have borrowed jet/fly sweep notions from the college game as well, if that is what Collins has that in mind when invoking the NFL, cool. But if not -- ugh. Obviously we'll learn much more when he selects his OC. Here's hoping it's someone such as Matt Canada, Bob Stitt, or even some great young offensively innovative mind from the FCS level.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He started out 5-0. Did Chan’s players stick around for 6 years?

Do you really want to have this argument? In the last 5 (relevant most recent years) years we have one one against Duke. Is there really anything else that we need to have said?