Preseason All-ACC Team

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm a writer. First and foremost, a journalist is a writer, not a sports analyst, player, coach etc, etc. Most of them have never played a down of football in their lives. I had the opportunity to go into sports media/journalism. Doesn't mean I have the qualifications to analyze a game or predict the winners of a conference. Just means I know how to write effectively and efficiently. But I'm a writer, and I can make it sound like I do, if I need to. All these "journalist" simply regurgitate ideas they feel will draw readers. Look at Ken at the AJC. What qualifies this guy to cover college football. I'll tell you: the fact he can communicate effectively. Doesn't mean he has any clue who the hell will win the coastal or be the ACC POY.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm a writer. First and foremost, a journalist is a writer, not a sports analyst, player, coach etc, etc. Most of them have never played a down of football in their lives. I had the opportunity to go into sports media/journalism. Doesn't mean I have the qualifications to analyze a game or predict the winners of a conference. Just means I know how to write effectively and efficiently. But I'm a writer, and I can make it sound like I do, if I need to. All these "journalist" simply regurgitate ideas they feel will draw readers. Look at Ken at the AJC. What qualifies this guy to cover college football. I'll tell you: the fact he can communicate effectively. Doesn't mean he has any clue who the hell will win the coastal or be the ACC POY.
At the same time, though, journalists -- even if they haven't played a sport in their lifetime -- aren't totally clueless about the sports they're covering