Predict our next 1st round draft pick

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Give CPJ and staff credit, there's talent on defense for CGC to play with. Most all of our 4 star recruits were on that side of the ball. Lots of athleticism, length, and speed in the back 7...just a matter of CGC and the defensive coaches putting them in the right spots and coaching them up. We aren't super deep on defense, but there's definitely some nice pieces...and most of them are young.
Cgc says he is looking for Above The Line players and will find a defense to maximize their talent. Calm , calm, 186 days....

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Cgc says he is looking for Above The Line players and will find a defense to maximize their talent. Calm , calm, 186 days....

I made a post a while back that GT is a place coaches need to get creative with recruiting and developing talent. Find guys who don't necessarily play the position in HS they will ultimately end up at in college. WRs to LB or DE, DTs to OL, LBs to DEs, DBs to LB...etc. As long as their speed/size/athleticism will match up to the position at this level, coaches need to have confidence in their abilities to develop talent. That is EXACTLY the message CGC has been touting about positional flexibility. Playing kids in multiple places that maximizes their talents and puts GT in the best position to win.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
1st round picks are tough! We've had what, 4 1st rounders in the last 20 years? Bebe, Calvin, Brooking, Morgan? No kidding studs like Daryl Smith and Morgan Burnett weren't 1st rounders. Have to pair elite ideal physical stats with top notch production. I don't think we have anyone currently on the roster that reasonably projects to a 1st round selection. That's not a knock on any of the guys, it's just tough. A few guys should get drafted.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I swear GT fans like to add 15-25lbs & move players more than any fan base i know lol.
Fans dont appreciate how hard it is to add 25 lbs of game weight. Took 2 years for my 17 year old hs graduate son to gain 50 lbs and 2 more years to transform it into man muscle.
Ga tech will get some stars who will ride with guys that have transform them selves.

5 each 5th year sr like Nate Cottrell or a 5th year Will Bryan (I wish) to our roster will be necessary for us to be elite.

The 5th year Tech train needs to start this year. I think the morgans are going to stay.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
He didn't play much on defense last year because the person ahead of him was definitely needed to keep the coverages in check as he was true freshman.

this.
PJ was not a fan of playing true freshmen over a much more experienced player (i don't think tre Swilling had quite the amount of experience ahead of him - he's going to be good. showed some flashes this past year). he preferred having a guy who knew where he was going at all times.
now, with the way ahead of him cleared, Juanyeh could be primed for a big breakout year.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
this.
PJ was not a fan of playing true freshmen over a much more experienced player (i don't think tre Swilling had quite the amount of experience ahead of him - he's going to be good. showed some flashes this past year). he preferred having a guy who knew where he was going at all times.
now, with the way ahead of him cleared, Juanyeh could be primed for a big breakout year.
TSwilling wasn't a TrFr, he was RS.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I swear GT fans like to add 15-25lbs & move players more than any fan base i know lol.

Hey, gonna pat myself on the back:

I said Tyler Marcordes needed to move to rush end...and they did that. He ended up seeing time in an NFL camp.
I said Jalen Johnson needed to move to OLB (after never really finding a home at DB and WR)...Nate Woody did that, and it was the most productive he's been.
I said Anree Saint Amour needed to play DE in CNW's scheme while most wanted him to move to OLB. Frenchie stayed at DE, racked up more sacks and pressures on the DL since...a long time. Now he's probably our best NFL prospect this year.

If the coaches would listen to my personnel and scheme suggestions, we'd have won a national championship by now (or go winless...:))

Deleted member 2897

If the coaches would listen to my personnel and scheme suggestions, we'd have won a national championship by now (or go winless...:))

Question of the day to the board - would you be okay with winning a national championship 1 year, and going 0-12 the next year...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hey, gonna pat myself on the back:

I said Tyler Marcordes needed to move to rush end...and they did that. He ended up seeing time in an NFL camp.
I said Jalen Johnson needed to move to OLB (after never really finding a home at DB and WR)...Nate Woody did that, and it was the most productive he's been.
I said Anree Saint Amour needed to play DE in CNW's scheme while most wanted him to move to OLB. Frenchie stayed at DE, racked up more sacks and pressures on the DL since...a long time. Now he's probably our best NFL prospect this year.

And w your low salary- what a tailgate party!
After spring game looking forward to your line up.