Predict our next 1st round draft pick

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
Just going off of current roster, size for position, and talent potential I’d say Jaylon King or Gentry Bonds.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
If He can keep improving, Tre Swilling could be the one.
I think TS could be a safety in the nfl or play in a cover-2 defense. But I’m not crazy about his fit in a press defense. Last year, He got beat a lot in one-on-one coverage. He was only a fresh, so we’ll see what happens next year in a new defense that doesn’t routinely ask CBs to backpedal when they are already 8 yards past the LOS

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I think TS could be a safety in the nfl or plin a cover-2 defense. But I’m not crazy about his fit in a press defense. Last year, He got beat a lot in one-on-one coverage. He was only a fresh, so we’ll see what happens next year in a new defense that doesn’t routinely ask CBs to backpedal when they are already 8 yards past the LOS

Blame ****ty coaching.

My ranking

Juanyah
Carpenter
Swilling
Adams
Walton

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Blame ****ty coaching.

My ranking

Juanyah
Carpenter
Swilling
Adams
Walton
I second this, Adams could be a sleeper. He was the second highest ranked DT in the ACC this past year. Unfortunately he’s a 2 down player, and he would need to be absolutely dominant this year to be a first round pick. I’ll also add Carter and or the Miami transfer to this list.

buzzed

Jolly Good Fellow
Someone on the current roster will be drafted. It’s hard to argue against Juanyah being the most obvious choice, but an older guy might beat him to it. Someone like BJS might shine under the new staff.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Juanyeh.
he had 3 KOR TDs (2 that counted, one taken back on a dodgy call against BJS) and a 95 yard score on defense. So that's three TDs of 77 yards or better - and none came on offense.
He may have been severely shortchanged in his recruiting rankings.
i heard the previous staff had someone from the last class they thought could easily go pro after three years and I think it was Juanyeh.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Someone on the current roster will be drafted. It’s hard to argue against Juanyah being the most obvious choice, but an older guy might beat him to it. Someone like BJS might shine under the new staff.

The question wasn't drafted it was drafted first round.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Does Parker Braun count?

Hard to go in the first as a guard/Center even if you’re a first round talent. Safety maybe the only O/D position less likely

He was who immediately came to mind for me as well. I'm confident he'll be drafted. If he finds a good situation to shine in next year he could really bust out. But even Shaq got taken in the 4th round. Is 2020 Parker better than 2014 Shaq? Maybe. ~100 spots in the draft better? Probably not.

And he got his degree. So, **** yes he counts. He's a Tech man forever, no matter how much he tries to run from it. ;)