Pre and Post Notre Dame Comments

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
On top of that, ZERO respect for our post defense tonight. ND just looked to drive past the first defender because there's no one down low to clean up.
I’m not a coach but I would not have played my post defender in front of his man. Attempts to deny his man getting the ball usually ended in an easy path to the basket. I would have played behind to block his path to the basket and if the pass came to him have another defender collapse from in front and keep him from putting the ball on the floor.

I understand that this might allow the ball to get kicked back out for an easy jumper but our quicker, smaller lineup has to be able to run around and contest shots. If we are going to keep playing without a true center.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Don’t be too hard on him guys. He hasn’t had enough time to get his system in place. He’s still playing with the old staff’s players. The transition is too hard, you can’t go from the triple option to the Princeton offense in just 6 years, he needs more time…. Wait, this is the basketball thread?

In that case. I’m sure this game was a result of: being young/injuries/sh*tty refs/finals week/early season rust/Covid/the crowd was too loud/the crowd was too quiet/we got confused about what color we were wearing/or pick and choose from any or all of the typical excuses we see on this forum. Imagine defending Pastner in year 6 and wanting Collins fired in year 3 given their circumstances. I’ll give you that JP is much more likable, but other than that he’s done nothing here but keep the program stagnant. No better, no worse. I guess that’s okay even though basketball should be THE sport at Tech. Oh well. Baseball starts soon

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Don’t be too hard on him guys. He hasn’t had enough time to get his system in place. He’s still playing with the old staff’s players. The transition is too hard, you can’t go from the triple option to the Princeton offense in just 6 years, he needs more time…. Wait, this is the basketball thread?

In that case. I’m sure this game was a result of: being young/injuries/sh*tty refs/finals week/early season rust/Covid/the crowd was too loud/the crowd was too quiet/we got confused about what color we were wearing/or pick and choose from any or all of the typical excuses we see on this forum. Imagine defending Pastner in year 6 and wanting Collins fired in year 3 given their circumstances. I’ll give you that JP is much more likable, but other than that he’s done nothing here but keep the program stagnant. No better, no worse. I guess that’s okay even though basketball should be THE sport at Tech. Oh well. Baseball starts soon
If Collins wins an ACC championship or even makes it to a bowl then their records will be similar. Let us hope.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow

By year 3 Cremins was winning big and sustained it for a long time- Those were the days when GT pulled the big time talent

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
By year 3 Cremins was winning big and sustained it for a long time- Those were the days when GT pulled the big time talent
Sigh…we just won the conference and right now have the best recruiting class in years and everyone wants to cut ties. We are basically a little development and one piece (5) short of contending for the conference again. Not gonna be this year, but not exactly time to panic.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

AND it is starting off the season with the number 11 ranking!

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Sigh…we just won the conference and right now have the best recruiting class in years and everyone wants to cut ties. We are basically a little development and one piece (5) short of contending for the conference again. Not gonna be this year, but not exactly time to panic.
And I will respectfully disagree about the need to panic. Also unless that 5 was Kofi, this team wasn’t contending for anything.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I thought Tristan played some good minutes tonight. Would like to see him get more. Is Jalon Moore going to redshirt? He doesn’t get any time at all.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
DeVoe and Usher combine for 9 turnovers. This far into season and (super) Senior years, this is just not acceptable. With this team, and the support talents’ experience, Ush and DeVoe have to lead with better decisions - sure have to be close to perfect, very little short of that just won’t matter in Win column.
I think we’ll upset teams in late Jan and Feb, but painful to see tourney hopes just disappear like our offensive during these repeated dry spells.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t think any sane person wants to cut ties, but a few of us do feel some tweaks are needed.