Power shift in the ACC????

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Clemson looks like they will dominate for the foreseeable future.
Jimbo and FSU looked awful without a decent QB.
VT and The U are at a crossroads.
UNCheat should get hammered by the NCAA this century.
And we are waiting for our next good senior class to make a once in four year splash.
Duke is still Duke.
Our division is ripe for the taking to see who plays Clemson next year in thr title game.

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
Louisville is looking good for next year, Frosh QB looks like he's going to be good. 10 - 15 ranked next year
FSU will be fine - 5 -10 ranked
Clemson, powerhouse - 1 - 5 ranked
Georgia Tech will be solid - 15 - 20 ranked
Miami - I think Richt will help them, will see results next year as they have established QB. 15 -20 ranked
Duke, Pitt, UNC, VT will be good
UVA, good hire in Bronco M. not sure next year impact.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Louisville is looking good for next year, Frosh QB looks like he's going to be good. 10 - 15 ranked next year
FSU will be fine - 5 -10 ranked
Clemson, powerhouse - 1 - 5 ranked
Georgia Tech will be solid - 15 - 20 ranked
Miami - I think Richt will help them, will see results next year as they have established QB. 15 -20 ranked
Duke, Pitt, UNC, VT will be good
UVA, good hire in Bronco M. not sure next year impact.
I think we will bounce back and win 8-9 games next year but I personally do not think we will be ranked 15-20 to start the year if that's what you're saying. I think we will end up there but after this years outcome next season will be a show and prove type year. I think it could be mid season before we're ranked. The Costal should be interesting and could become one of the hardest divisions in the country. Time for CPJ and the rest of the staff to step up or we could get left behind.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It is really hard to tell on a year to year basis. Clemson certainly does look like they are building something that is lasting. We will see. There are many teams that look like they should be good in 2016, but people would have said the same about us last season. On a related note, I do feel like the ACC is gaining on the rest of the CFB landscape. We are just about as good as anybody else now in terms of credentials. Over the course of the last 2 seasons we have a winning record against the Special Ed Conference and we are going head to head against them in the natty game this year. This bowl season could have been a little better overall, but I like the direction we are headed as a conference.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It is really hard to tell on a year to year basis. Clemson certainly does look like they are building something that is lasting. We will see. There are many teams that look like they should be good in 2016, but people would have said the same about us last season. On a related note, I do feel like the ACC is gaining on the rest of the CFB landscape. We are just about as good as anybody else now in terms of credentials. Over the course of the last 2 seasons we have a winning record against the Special Ed Conference and we are going head to head against them in the natty game this year. This bowl season could have been a little better overall, but I like the direction we are headed as a conference.
Special Ed Conference. That's the best one yet!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
1. "It is really hard to tell on a year to year basis. Clemson certainly does look like they are building something that is lasting." People said the same thing about another team we know. I think they'll be fine as long as Watson is, but they've been touted before only to … run into Tevin in Atlanta.

2. The rest. No complaint here. I've never understood why people put so much emphasis on bowl over regular season results. The bowls try to make it hard for either team to win, so you would expect varying results.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
1. "It is really hard to tell on a year to year basis. Clemson certainly does look like they are building something that is lasting." People said the same thing about another team we know. I think they'll be fine as long as Watson is, but they've been touted before only to … run into Tevin in Atlanta.

Clemson hasn't Clemsoned in at least 4 years. They are becoming a powerhouse. They graduated basically their entire front 7 last year and didn't miss a beat this year. They have the kind of talent that just lets them reload.

By the way, guess who the last team to beat Clemson was?

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Clemson hasn't Clemsoned in at least 4 years. They are becoming a powerhouse. They graduated basically their entire front 7 last year and didn't miss a beat this year. They have the kind of talent that just lets them reload.

The university of Georgia tech :p

( sarcasm )

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow

The last team to beat mighty Clemson was the little old North Avenue Trade School, IIRC.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
They are creating a recruiting machine (but recruiting ratings don't count, right, ) in Clemson. Two things could stop it.

1 - Alabama comes calling after St. Nick retires.

2 - Their AD proves again that he is capable of making a minor investigation into a big probation

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Can u say kevin Steele - now leaving lsu to help auburn.

Guy is Teflon - fails up

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sure looks like acc has football quality coaches from top to bottom - wake Forrest not so much?) add nd and all games should be well coached.

Players will follow.

We just need to up our game

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I'd say 2016 is definitely a make or break year for PJ. I think he needs to win 7+ games to keep his job..I might be wrong because of his contract.

The ACC looks to be gaining momentum. Clemson,FSU, Va Tech, UNC, Ga Tech, Miami, and even Duke seem to be sustainably winning teams. All with top 10 potential.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Watched some good defenses all over the landscape. There are some goof DL out there. I hope our young uns pan out in a big way.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I'd say 2016 is definitely a make or break year for PJ. I think he needs to win 7+ games to keep his job..I might be wrong because of his contract.

The ACC looks to be gaining momentum. Clemson,FSU, Va Tech, UNC, Ga Tech, Miami, and even Duke seem to be sustainably winning teams. All with top 10 potential.

lol no. All those teams are in flux I don't see either trending up or down

Clemson should be preseason #1 next year. You guys realize the Clemson only returned 2 starters on Defense and appear to be better this season. Plug Freshman LT Hyatt he stabilized a perceived weakness for them.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
lol no. All those teams are in flux I don't see either trending up or down

Clemson should be preseason #1 next year. You guys realize the Clemson only returned 2 starters on Defense and appear to be better this season. Plug Freshman LT Hyatt he stabilized a perceived weakness for them.
Factories recruit "oven ready plug and play-ers". They can do this, non-factories.... not so much.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Well I darn well hope the GT "power" shifts back to what it was in 2014 compared to what it was in 2015!
We will when we have a bunch of senior leaders and talent. It seems our really good years go hand in hand with how good our seniors are. I am looking for our next great team in three years.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Coach Johnson lost all of the capital in 2015 that he gained in 2014. I agree he is coaching for his job in 2016. You just can't justify that level of inconsistency at the head coaching position. He should have established his program by now but based on this past season, everything is in doubt. His offense looked top flight in 2014 and dropped to totally inept in 2015. Obviously, I hope he succeeds but without a doubt he has placed himself in jeopardy going into 2016.

Go Jackets!