Power shift in the ACC????

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Cheese , got a couple of questions for you
Cheese, you are the man that called it when "we" underestimated the positive impact of all the Senior ab bb and wr whose back up juniors - Snoody and Andrews had during 2014.
Should we have waited to given coach and staff the MAJOR extension in their contracts ? Sure to a major raise but extension??. I would think u would have been cautious on extension since u saw the drop off coming?

Comment = After Navy did his stats thing and I saw the ol start messing with the outside blocking, I was all in for raise and extension. For 15 I Really believed that Andrews , Snoddy plus lynch AND the hope the defense WOULD STEP UP and WIN SOME GAMES with all the SENIORS @ DB ( only 9 iinterceptions in 15 verses 18 in 15 was a disappointing to me).

Second question,In 16 are you concerned about a big let down by the defense with loss of all senior db and gotsis??. While they weren't lights out they kept us competitive. As a part of the defense performance in 16, how much is roof and staff's responsibility?
Big time worried about the D next season. Saving grace is the return of many offensive weapons and a lighter schedule.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Cheese, please think about the second question, is the 2016 defense 100percent owned by roof.= its a tough one.

As to the higher high idea !! I like it- just besure not to get too many loeer lows before the higher high.

AS TOO the timing of the next higher high which one would assume would be before another lower low, I have another question. Looks like 2016 recruiting is dropping back to a rating like 12 which left us playing seniors in 14.' In 13 we added recruiting staff who knew ga football and that has helped a lot in 14 (despite the so so win loss record in 13 ). The 15 recruiting class (during the 14 up year) was IMO large and very talented from top to bottom.
Cheese, This year If we dont pull the recruiting level up before nsd, is this lower recruiting level going to impact your estimate of another higher high year like 08 & 14 or is it included. ???
IMO 15 covers up any issues w this years smaller and lower rated class as there are always a couple of suprises.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
CPJ did a good job last year bringing in a big and talented class right after such a good year. Fat years followed by lean years. We are what we are.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Chan put our football program in the deep freezer for 7 years or ever how many he was in charge. I hope we never make another hire like him.

Go Jackets!
In those 7 years I used 14 years of cussing allowed while watching ga tech football.

He acted like he was coaching a bunch of old accountants instead of a bunch of teenagers and young men playing a violent game.

Coach johnson at least shows (steam hiss out ears) after losses.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Back to next season......BC and Vandy both have very tough defenses, the only easy game there is Mercer

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
After this season....no game is a gimme!
Unprecedented injuries on top of a team already depleted by larger than normal graduation of major contributors. Couple that with one of the toughest schedules in the nation and you get what we got.

I highly doubt those three factors converge again in 100 years.

Even if they did, I'd still call Mercer a "gimme."

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The 9-6 loss to Wake Forest in the 2006 ACCCG is Chan's biography. Calvin Johnson. Tashard Choice. Six points. Six. 6.

people at tech should go back and look at that roster to remind themselves of the talent on that team. WOW.

choice, cox, johnson, wrotto, matthews all NFL players for multiple years including starters.

On D it was sick good including depth.

I think in the past I looked at it...something like 10-11 NFL players on that team...that legitimately played. And we couldn't break 9 wins. Wow.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
people at tech should go back and look at that roster to remind themselves of the talent on that team. WOW.

choice, cox, johnson, wrotto, matthews all NFL players for multiple years including starters.

On D it was sick good including depth.

I think in the past I looked at it...something like 10-11 NFL players on that team...that legitimately played. And we couldn't break 9 wins. Wow.
A poster already has noted that Gailey had the sideline presence of a milk stool.