Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
I don’t think he had an actual DJ at practice, it looks like he had a couple of “hype guys” on the sideline. I think GC understands what high school and college students like. I think that would be a breath of fresh air, as long as there is substance behind the scenes.
i think i;m in the middle of that article now but can't remember how far back in thread i found it
reposting link https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/1/16237246/geoff-collins-temple-owls-football
there's other postings that describe his unusual habits, if it makes it fun for the team,why not?

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck

Now that we have made it 220 pages, I think I will finally give my opinion...as if anyone cares. After reading these two articles, I’m sold. Collins is innovative, creative, and passionate. I believe he can succeed at GT. There might be a transition period, but I think he can get to the upper level of the ACC every year. I guess we will find out soon enough.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Really? I said first choice, was Collins your first choice? No, he wasn't.
Got ya, and no he wasn’t. Although does that really matter? First choices are a lot about first names heard that have the “sexy” sound to them, like Elliot. Are we really going to say because he wasn’t anyone’s first choice he’s not a good candidate? Do you think Saban was peoples first choice at his first gig? What’s more important is who is the favorite after studying about the coach, I’ll take that all day over first choice before studying the coach. Why do you not like him?

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
I wasnt aware of the connection to 2006 with Collins until the Roddy Jones article/post yesterday. As much of a PJ fan as I Have been, I was a bigger Fridge fan. In the past 24 hours I have received private messages from two members of the 2001 team that are very excited about the revelation that Coach Collins could be returning to the Flats. That is enough for me.

i

Status
Not open for further replies.