Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugboy

Staff member
There is a report out there that the buyout would be waived were we to take him.

Why would Malzahn waive $35 million they owe him though?
I don’t get why Malzahn would budge from his position or renegotiate.
“Auburn willing to waive buyout for team that hires Malzahn who would cost $35 million to fire” is a strange sentence. Anyone thinking of Malzahn should ask for $25 million to take him off Auburn’s hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why would Malzahn waive $35 million they owe him though?
I don’t get why Malzahn would budge from his position or renegotiate.
“Auburn willing to waive buyout for team that hires Malzahn who would cost $35 million to fire” is a strange sentence. Anyone thinking of Malzahn should ask for $25 million to take him off Auburn’s hands.

No dude. The buyout is malzahns end. Auburn would waive the money he owes auburn if he breaches contract and leaves early. In other words he is free to go no penalty.

Auburn isnt firing him. So they dont owe anything. Should they fire him. Yes. Then they would owe him and there is nothing to waive.

Now. What tech can do is say ok auburn. U want him gone. U pay him 17 million over the next 5 years. Half his buyout. We will pay him 17 million as well over the same period.

Then gus is made whole. Au pays half of what they cant afford. Gt gets a deal.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
WELCOME TO GEORGIA TECH. YOU CAN'T DO THAT.
4670-f36010a9c2cc830aabae43c93b5da71d.jpg

Love the meme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Georgia Tech Fan
Serious question, what's the appeal for Gus? I get that he's at a prestigious SEC school, but I don't see why we'd want a guy that Auburn is legitimately talking about paying to go away?
With the players that we have now his offense would work well. You can call his offense whatever you want, but it is Wing T out of shotgun. I think Graham would be able to Excell at it.

Deleted member 2897

Looks like so much of the media continues to peddle Fake News. Everybody’s been upset about nothing? Maybe we’ll never know.

link3945

Jolly Good Fellow
Serious question, what's the appeal for Gus? I get that he's at a prestigious SEC school, but I don't see why we'd want a guy that Auburn is legitimately talking about paying to go away?
Gus is probably a top 20 all-time coach, who happens to have his main rival be arguably the best coach of all time. He's outclassed by Saban, but still gets his shots in. Get him away from Saban, and he'll look a lot better.

slugboy

Staff member
No dude. The buyout is malzahns end. Auburn would waive the money he owes auburn if he breaches contract and leaves early. In other words he is free to go no penalty.

Auburn isnt firing him. So they dont owe anything. Should they fire him. Yes. Then they would owe him and there is nothing to waive.

I was off—it’s 32 million to fire him: https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a...7/17945514/gus-malzahn-buyout-auburn-contract

And I’m not the one missing the point. Auburn is the one that wants to move Malzahn. Of course they’re willing to waive a buyout for a coach who doesn’t want to leave. All the pressure is on Auburn’s side. All Malzahn has to do is not quit.

Malzahn isn’t looking for jobs. Auburn is looking for someone to save them from a buyout.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gus Malzahn would be intriguing. If you look at his record in arguably the toughest division in college football, his record is extremely similar to CPJ's but a little better. VERY good years in between average years. He's never missed making a bowl game in that division either.

Put him in a VERY winnable division, in the middle of a recruiting hotbed that's GA...hmm...

(Of course, GT doesn't have Auburn's bagmen, so that could be an issue...I kid, but not really...)

GT_EE78

Banned
But that in and of itself doesn't mean anything. Maybe he didn't have a QB who could throw worth a flip (pardon the pun).
Aren't they like 10-2 with a 7-point loss to Oklahoma? Damned impressive to me. I mean, this is Army!
if we subtract the bo and last o , maybe you're using the bong too much?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Status
Not open for further replies.