Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
My conclusions after the last several days on this thread are that there are a high percentage of posters on this site that fall into two groups;
#1) The 20-30 yo's who don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
#2) The whiner crowd that say poor pitiful GT will never be able to compete unless we run a TO offense to even the playing field
Sheesh ???
Probably close.

My conclusions after the last several days on this thread are that there are a high percentage of posters on this site that fall into two groups;
#1) The 20-30 yo's who don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
#2) The whiner crowd that say poor pitiful GT will never be able to compete unless we run a TO offense to even the playing field
Sheesh ???
Well, we certainly won't "even the playing field" by trying to be like the majority of other colleges in the country, and especially in the southeast.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Sheesh ???

Being 27 years old sure I know CPJs offense. But I also know we only had about a small span in the past 40 years where we were truly fighting to win a championship ... that wasn't when todd and ken were here. They actually hold some of our worse days of a football program... so we think these losers can all of a sudden be winners??? Winning isnt a thing by chance. Winning is done by force. You win at all costs. Think of Michael Jordan. He'd sell his own sons to win championships. Need that mentality. Cheating is okay of we dont get caught lolol just kidding. Partially. I feel we dont bend the rules where almost every program in the country does. That's a drawback as well.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Ironic that Collins was Mississippi State’s DC in the 2014 Orange Bowl?

“Prior to his time at Florida, Collins was a member of the coaching staff at Mississippi State. Originally hired to serve as the linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator for the 2011 season, Collins was promoted to the position of defensive coordinator in 2013.

Mississippi State had tremendous success while he was on the coaching staff, most notably the 2014 season, when the Bulldogs when they were ranked #1 in the country for most of the season and finished with a 10-3 record. This 10-win season was the best finish at the school in 15 years, and concluded with a berth in the Orange Bowl.”

If I remember correctly, he may have taken another job before the OB, meaning that he was not acting DC for that game. If he did this, that was smart.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Neither ... if you read the post again, it says a "high percentage".

So you think you’re special? Weren’t you whining yesterday about not making a bowl game because of the TO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EliLeviDad

Georgia Tech Fan
Please tell me this is a rumor with KW If we try and run a pro style offense, it will take us 4 years to compete and we will lose every game next year. ADTD can not be that stupid!!! If this goes down I hope it is like when TN hired Greg Schiano

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Please tell me this is a rumor with KW If we try and run a pro style offense, it will take us 4 years to compete and we will lose every game next year. ADTD can not be that stupid!!! If this goes down I hope it is like when TN hired Greg Schiano
Schiano is #1 for me lol. It’ll never happen but he’d do great here imo.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
Sheesh ???

Fixed it for you*

#1) The 20-30 yo's who grew up in an age where football is the most widely watched sport and who actually know who Geoff Collins and Tony Collins are.
#2) The whiner crowd that say poor pitiful GT will never be able to compete unless we run a TO offense to even the playing field and who think that 20-30 yo's don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
Sheesh ???

Status
Not open for further replies.