Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacket Bracket

Jolly Good Fellow
But whether it's on this site or whatever, he SHOULD be aware of what many of the fans (LOTS of the fans) are saying, since WE are the ones who pay the bills. Dewberry and the other big money alums may shell out the big bucks for THEIR preference as HC, but history has shown, that they seldom CONTINUE their support for the coach in position.

I agree. I mean isn’t football supposed to be entertainment? Who would make a movie that only 3% would be interested in? This should be a fun product that gets fans interested in spending our dollars to attend games. Nothing about this excites me. We have an opportunity to reinvent ourselves, instead it feels like we are going back to the CCG era.

GTMBA

Georgia Tech Fan
Interesting word in there

Ironic that Collins was Mississippi State’s DC in the 2014 Orange Bowl?

“Prior to his time at Florida, Collins was a member of the coaching staff at Mississippi State. Originally hired to serve as the linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator for the 2011 season, Collins was promoted to the position of defensive coordinator in 2013.

Mississippi State had tremendous success while he was on the coaching staff, most notably the 2014 season, when the Bulldogs when they were ranked #1 in the country for most of the season and finished with a 10-3 record. This 10-win season was the best finish at the school in 15 years, and concluded with a berth in the Orange Bowl.”

Animal02

Banned
I agree. I mean isn’t football supposed to be entertainment? Who would make a movie that only 3% would be interested in? This should be a fun product that gets fans interested in spending our dollars to attend games. Nothing about this excites me. We have an opportunity to reinvent ourselves, instead it feels like we are going back to the CCG era.
Who would make a movie for the 3%?
People with more money than brains. Has happened many times :banghead:

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck

“Prior to his time at Florida, Collins was a member of the coaching staff at Mississippi State. Originally hired to serve as the linebackers coach and co-defensive coordinator for the 2011 season, Collins was promoted to the position of defensive coordinator in 2013.

Mississippi State had tremendous success while he was on the coaching staff, most notably the 2014 season, when the Bulldogs when they were ranked #1 in the country for most of the season and finished with a 10-3 record. This 10-win season was the best finish at the school in 15 years, and concluded with a berth in the Orange Bowl.”

If I remember correctly Florida hired him before the Orange bowl and he left and some Mississippi fans said that was part of the reason they lost.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
pretty sure Collins left miss state before bowl game for new job, so he wasn’t coach for bowl game beat down.

This.

Georgia Tech Football: MSU DC Geoff Collins to Florida, Not Coaching in Orange Bowl

usa-today-8190876.0.jpg

https://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2...u-dc-geoff-collins-to-florida-not-coaching-in

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

No, he was hired away prior to that game, there was an interim DC for that game.

Edit: y’all beat me to it

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I’m okay with Ken getting the Georgia Tech job if you go get some elite recruiters on the staff and I’d keep Nate Woody at all cost. Ken understands Tech I don’t think he’d be the dumpster fire everyone thinks he’d be.
Problem is I GUARANTEE that won't happen. He's got pals and people he's comfortable with. The sketchier this situation becomes in terms of popularity and pressure walking in the door, the more he's going to fall back on people he knows from the League.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

Collins left for Florida before the Orange Bowl. Deshea Townsend was the interim DC for Miss St. when we played them.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My conclusions after the last several days on this thread are that there are a high percentage of posters on this site that fall into two groups;
#1) The 20-30 yo's who don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
#2) The whiner crowd that say poor pitiful GT will never be able to compete unless we run a TO offense to even the playing field
Sheesh ???

GT_EE78

Banned
Reggie catches flak for this, but the coaches who didn't improve his completion percentage and the pass protection over 4 years still get jobs.
No Joke.chan went to NFL , maybe still there ,i dunno. I tink there were some years when he carried Reggie on his practice squad as WR.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My conclusions after the last several days on this thread are that there are a high percentage of posters on this site that fall into two groups;
#1) The 20-30 yo's who don't watch a lot of football and only know the past 11 years of CPJ TO football
#2) The whiner crowd that say poor pitiful GT will never be able to compete unless we run a TO offense to even the playing field
Sheesh ???
Which group do you belong to?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Sheesh ???
This is completely false.

Status
Not open for further replies.