Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury has done more in his time here than the entirety of Bobinsky and the final years of Rad combined. He is very close with Ken, he is helping Ken gets a raise. Unless shown otherwise, Stansbury understands this school and what it takes to win more than anyone else has.
His role is not to help his friends as a fiduciary of the GTAA, but to get the coaching process moving forward. We already lost out on potentially hiring Satterfield.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
What if Whis is just like Chan Gailey, except that he can develop quarterbacks?
As long as he makes good OC/DC hires (ie more Tenuta, less Pat Nix) and plays the CEO type role, I'll be OK with it. Just don't be as boring/stale on offense as we saw under Gailey.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
As a "fiduciary of the GTAA" his role is to hire the best person for the program. He has hired nobody yet. Getting mad over interviewing someone and using leverage to help out a network is hypocritical and lame. If we hire Whisenhunt, I'll eat my words, but until a legitimate report comes out, this is conjecture / to help a friend.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
His role is not to help his friends as a fiduciary of the GTAA, but to get the coaching process moving forward. We already lost out on potentially hiring Satterfield.
Why not do both? It's also possible that as a friend, he was interested in Whisenhunt's opinion on the current state/direction of the program. Very few know who he's interviewed outside of Whisenhunt - I can almost guarantee you other conversations have taken place. Personally, I am happy that our administration has been fairly tight lipped about this search. I'd rather have that than the debacle that was the Tennessee search last year.

GT_EE78

Banned
What if Whis is just like Chan Gailey, except that he can develop quarterbacks?
Then hire him as QB coach rather than HC. I'd be very surprised if any professional AD would make an offer after only one interview and a few days of doing coach search process. Finding a guy with proven P5 success would sure be the optimal solution

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
As a "fiduciary of the GTAA" his role is to hire the best person for the program. He has hired nobody yet. Getting mad over interviewing someone and using leverage to help out a network is hypocritical and lame. If we hire Whisenhunt, I'll eat my words, but until a legitimate report comes out, this is conjecture / to help a friend.
You think using his role out as AD to help his friend is being a fiduciary for the program?! Because that is what you said. According to all sources he has made an offer and no word of him interviewing anyone else since last Wednesday. Disagree with you, but we all have our view of the situation.

georgiatech22

Georgia Tech Fan
If not KW, who else is on the table. Doesn’t seem like Clemson oc doesn’t seem like we want. Collins and who else??? Rumor Mac was going to get an interview. Did TS put all his eggs in the KW basket, or was KW a smoke screen for somebody under the radar
Well. TS is in New York today for the CFB Hall of Fame dinner tonight. I don't think it's a stretch to think that while he's up there he will interview Jeff Monken at Army. Maybe this whole KW thing is just a smoke screen to lower expectations among the Tech fan base that when Monken is announced as HC, the reaction will be relief and excitement instead of anger.

shakim3

Jolly Good Fellow
You think using his role out as AD to help his friend is being a fiduciary for the program?! Because that is what you said. According to all sources he has made an offer and no word of him interviewing anyone else since last Wednesday. Disagree with you, but we all have our view of the situation.

You're completely missing the point of the post. We all want what's best for the program, just bizarre how everyone hates a guy who has to this point done very little to hate.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
What? His direct quote was "As a "fiduciary of the GTAA" his role is to hire the best person for the program." Reading comprehension is crazy.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You're completely missing the point of the post. We all want what's best for the program, just bizarre how everyone hates a guy who has to this point done very little to hate.

I'll certainly give him a chance. If he's the guy, he gets a clean slate from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.