Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Outside hires I like JM or B.B. but what about inside hires of Cook or Mac and have cook run the O

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Id like to hear Tstans thoughts. We go with a pro style coach, we are guaranteed 2-3 years of more meh as we rebuild.
We go with another option or hybrid option offense coach we keep the recruits and don't have a crazy transition.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Id like to hear Tstans thoughts. We go with a pro style coach, we are guaranteed 2-3 years of more meh as we rebuild.
We go with another option or hybrid option offense coach we keep the recruits and don't have a crazy transition.
Ken Whisenhunt

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
We either go the UNC route and get a known commodity that will get us to bowls every year for the next 3-4 years but never be great and set us up for the next guy, or we swing for the fences and get a young guy who could be wither be great or could flame out. Wisenhunt doesn't really fit the bill on either.

Scubapro

Banned
Art Briles or bust....he can let his boy be the coach in waiting.

Everyone is overlooking the fact that the hill will have our next coach on recruiting 'probation' until he can prove he can graduate players-which it TOTAL & COMPLETE BS.
Whoever is the next coach will struggle until they hire 20 consultants to comb the county for kids that can hack it academically and play big boy football...in the mean time we need someone with BIG name recognition.
Art would crawl over glass to come back and get a chance to redeem himself.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
Hard pass on Ken Whisenhunt. Has 0 experience as a college coach (1996 vandy tight ends). Would need to learn to recruit.

Just keep CAM in place and we are good to go on recruiting. I think any staff we have probably includes him.
Could be interesting. He might want to interview for the job.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Huge proponent of Gus Malzahn. He has firepower and can land 5* with his name alone.
No thanks. Guy can't develop players. I live in Alabama, Auburn fans hate him. He's a train wreck that lucked out with some incredible Transfer athletes that would never get into Tech. God I hope Stansbury pays more attention to the rest of college football than some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.