Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think GA State will become a thorn in our side eventually. Maybe not in the next 5-10 years, but they can be a VERY attractive school for one of the P5 conferences if they can their sh!t together. Once they make the leap to P5, GT will need to look in the mirror and have some serious decisions to make.

I'm with you, I hope GA State never gets out of their own way...

I honestly don’t ever see this happening.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Nothing against our OL, as far as the Student Athletes go....but please do not retain those two coaches(if for instance Monken, Bohannon, or 3O HC is hired). Especially one of those whose time should be up.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
If I'm Georgia State, I give CPJ 1 year to recharge his batteries and go hard after him to run their program. CPJ could easily build GA State into a powerhouse in their conference and not even have to move. Also, the next round of conference expansion is on the way soon. The B1G and Big 12 REALLY want in on the Atlanta market. GT ain't leaving the ACC. CPJ could positiion GA State as a VERY attractive school for those conferences. CPJ won't have to deal with the BS that comes with GT, and there will be absolutely no pressure on him to win.

Something interesting to ponder.
Interesting but I don’t want GSU or GSU in the P5

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting but I don’t want GSU or GSU in the P5

Neither do I. Unfortunately, I think it's an inevitability. B1G and Big 12 REALLY desire the Atlanta market. GT isn't leaving the ACC...who's the other program in Atlanta with P5 potential and a good school? GA State. The only hope is that GA State is so incompetent that those conferences just wait. GA State hiring Bohannon or CPJ could change the direction of GA State.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
FYI, again this morning some good articles on the AJC website.
Good article quoting Roddy Jones when he was a player and broadcaster about Collins.
Another article about TStan and how he is conducting this search and refuting some of the stuff we have heard on the rumor mill about Whiz being offered the job.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
There is one slam dunk option right now (pun?), and one obvious choice. If you put the candidates on paper and didn't know anything about offensive systems, just what they've actually accomplished, one candidate would be several notches above the others and we would all be extremely excited to get such an accomplished coach who is also still young and early in his career.

There are a couple of significant signs pointing to this possibly being who we're really after. But, you know, sometimes things make too much sense to be true.
I'm obviously too daft to understand all the hidden meanings in these posts. Are you saying Jeff Monken might be the main target, but they aren't saying anything until after the Army Navy game?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Neither do I. Unfortunately, I think it's an inevitability. B1G and Big 12 REALLY desire the Atlanta market. GT isn't leaving the ACC...who's the other program in Atlanta with P5 potential and a good school? GA State. The only hope is that GA State is so incompetent that those conferences just wait. GA State hiring Bohannon or CPJ could change the direction of GA State.

If recruiting is a zero sum game (and it is), the prospect of not one, but two P5 competitors in-state might make it even more imperative that we expand our reach and recruit nationally.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
There is one slam dunk option right now (pun?), and one obvious choice. If you put the candidates on paper and didn't know anything about offensive systems, just what they've actually accomplished, one candidate would be several notches above the others and we would all be extremely excited to get such an accomplished coach who is also still young and early in his career.

There are a couple of significant signs pointing to this possibly being who we're really after. But, you know, sometimes things make too much sense to be true.

You’ve been hinting at this coach a few times. If you’re talking about who I think you are, I would be thrilled to have him, but it was start a new Civil War here.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
?? and it is ?_________ fill in the blank
I'm obviously too daft to understand all the hidden meanings in these posts. Are you saying Jeff Monken might be the main target, but they aren't saying anything until after the Army Navy game?
My subtlety is not lost (and not really that subtle).

This is my hope and my own reasoning of possibility. It is not inside info or anything like that.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If recruiting is a zero sum game (and it is), the prospect of not one, but two P5 competitors in-state might make it even more imperative that we expand our reach and recruit nationally.

It's also why the next coach is so important for us. Lots of wolves at the doorsteps, and there's a LOT more at stake now than when CPJ took the job. The amount of money in college football is astronomical, and GT didn't invest what it should to keep up with the Joneses...and I'm not talking about the Clemsons and UGAs of the worlds. GT can't afford to hire a coach who will spiral us into mediocrity...or worse. That's why it was my opinion that GT and CPJ needed to part ways because GT football was losing so much footing locally. When CPJ resigned, we saw how much of a brand GT is, and the potential we have. Everything is lining up for GT to take advantage of our division in the Coastal...IF we make the right hire.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
We control sat levels of SA admission dude! Regardless of cirriculum. Then someone will bring in that our school is hard so we need higher sat. Yet. Retention has doubled in 10 years. Meaning its actually lightened up. Weed out is not the same. Therefore we can go back to what we recruited 15 years ago and still be fine. We were fine then. We will be fine now.

Plus we have a president that instagrams dont kill yourself over finals videos now. Tech has become a bear hug school. There is no way they will allow a underprivileged SA fail out anymore. Abuse the system. Gt athletics needs to get balls

Also to note. BOR doesnt control pre requisite and elective requirements. All college within the school mandated

Someone hung themselves in a bathroom last week and the president calling out resources for mental health resources on campus and your response is calling the presidents a wuss?

Ok then

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
My subtlety is not lost (and not really that subtle).

This is my hope and my own reasoning of possibility. It is not inside info or anything like that.
I think he's the best candidate too. I think his floor is the 7-5 we had this year and his ceiling is higher than the Orange Bowl if he can recruit just slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.