Potential Head Coach Hires

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In my defense I was thinking someone like the coach at Syracuse who runs the same veer and shoot Briles ran.

I honestly know nothing about what happened at Baylor apart from: accusations from baylor, a libel suit by Briles, and then a settlement. It stinks too much to bring to GT, but I don't know what the real story there is.
Syracuse offensive coordinator Mike Lynch would be an interesting hire

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
In my defense I was thinking someone like the coach at Syracuse who runs the same veer and shoot Briles ran.

I honestly know nothing about what happened at Baylor apart from: accusations from baylor, a libel suit by Briles, and then a settlement. It stinks too much to bring to GT, but I don't know what the real story there is.

I hope you didn't misconstrue my response. I agreed with you on the "tree" part. I just want us to have nothing to do with the man himself. Or his son.

Get Dino! I'd be fine with that. Shoot, I was jumping up and down screaming "OUR HOUSE! OUR HOUSE! OUR HOUSE!" when that video went viral and my wife and kid were looking at me like I was insane. (I am)

I'd run through some drywall like the ShockMaster for Dino (I'm too old to run through a brick wall).

herb

Helluva Engineer
Do you really think in less than 24 hours after finding CPJ is leaving we are focused on one guy?

Well, it sounded like the writing has been on the wall for a bit to those in the know. I would think that this is not the first that the AD knew about it. And really, isn't it his most important job to always have a list ready, just in case. Not saying that these rumors are true, but it would not surprise me if they were.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm a GT grad so I think I'm ok to say this ...

Please don't hire a "Tech man".

If that's the guy's primary reason for being on the list then he's not qualified.

If you think I'm wrong, take your Tech man and pretend he went to friggin Ole Miss or something. Would you still want him?

If you're being honest, you know what your answer really is.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Right now the names I am seeing/hearing:

Ken Wisenhunt- Chargers OC
Scott Satterfield- App State HC
Brian Bohannon- Kennesaw St HC

(long shot)- Gus Malzahn- Auburn HC (rumors Auburn is going to make a big HC move and leave Gus without a job).

Someone else may have stated..I’m just starting to read this thread...but Malzahn is staying at Aubie and taking a pay cut to do so.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If he can recruit sure but I'm not impressed with Elliot's offense. It performs because of talent.

What offense doesn’t?

Another thing I like about Elliot is that he had the highest GPA while at Clemson earning a degree in Industrial Engineering, so education is of value to him. Potential for great mentorship.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
It isn't always about the record. They moved into a better conference in 2013 or 2014. It's his third year and they've improved every year. Also they've been to 10 or 11 bowls in their ENTIRE history as a football program. He got them into one this year. The guy can coach. Now, can he recruit? Idk, I doubt he'd do worse than what we've been doing. Might not be much better, but I'd give Willie a shot for sure.
Being in NOLA, Tulane fans were almost ready to fire this guy about a month ago. If the last play went differently against Navy, they wouldn't be bowling this year. Would you still want to hire him if he went 5-7?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Yep Tony Elliot would be a great hire. Only thing is, if he does well Clemson will steal him when Saban leaves and Dabo leaves for Bama.
People think Dabo would leave for Bama. I don't see Dabo ever leaving Clemson. They may rename parts of the campus after the guy by the time he's done. I know he went to Bama, but Clemson football is the house he built.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Bless you. He should have been promoted to HC at Tech when the opportunity was there! He would have loved the Tech job even though he was a ugag guy. Is that when Gailey came in? Poor memory, but wasn't Whisenhunt an assistant on that bowl team?
Throw out feelers to Iowa State head coach Matt Campbell or SDSU head coach Rocky Long and see if they would be interested:)

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
What offense doesn’t?

Another thing I like about Elliot is that he had the highest GPA while at Clemson earning a degree in Industrial Engineering, so education is of value to him. Potential for great mentorship.
Umm about 50% of the top 20 offenses in football

Status
Not open for further replies.