Potential DC for Next Year

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This.

You would have to think they wouldn't let chaos ensue with so much at stake.
Absolutely but someone suggested his wife got an unexpected health diagnosis. Sad if true and could throw off any carefully laid plans.

4 coaches had always been mentioned as possible successors but this catches them all at a bad time too except for the Oregon coach.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Kirby Smart is probably throwing a big bash in Athens tonight because his road to a SEC Championship just got a lot easier. Now if a school would/pro team could throw enough money towards Kirby to leave IGA oops UGA then it would be awesome to hear the cries of dawg fans across the country.
I don’t think so. With Texas and Oklahoma coming in and Ole Miss dropping bags on everyone they still have some really tough competition. Sark and Kiffen will out coach Kirby 6 ways to Sunday. Kirby has out athleted everyone for the last few years. They’ve come down to earth there. Thank god Bowers is finally gone.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Alabama will be back. It may take a year or two or a coach or two, buy they’ll be back .
If I were a betting man I would take bets on this. Whoever follows Saban has to win immediately or the sharks will be in the water.

Can you imagine the recruiting pitches at other schools? “No question Alabama used to be one of the top programs in the country but the great athletes who don’t hail from that state are choosing our program or a couple of others.”

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
If I were a betting man I would take bets on this. Whoever follows Saban has to win immediately or the sharks will be in the water.

Can you imagine the recruiting pitches at other schools? “No question Alabama used to be one of the top programs in the country but the great athletes who don’t hail from that state are choosing our program or a couple of others.”
I lived in AL during the tail end of the Dubose era, through the Franchione and "Price" eras, and into the Shula era. It was verifiably nasty. I don't think you could pay me enough to do that to myself and my family. If you don't win immediately there is physical damage, death threats, and undercover ops. The funny (sad) thing is, they don't see anything out of the ordinary about it.

ETA: for OGW above - that all happened through a major probation time. It was nasty, for sure, but it won't take them that long this time. Also, Price never coached a game and Kines only coached 1 game. That list is a bit misleading. They had Dubose, Franchione, and Shula which took them from imposition of probation through resolution.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I lived in AL during the tail end of the Dubose era, through the Franchione and "Price" eras, and into the Shula era. It was verifiably nasty. I don't think you could pay me enough to do that to myself and my family. If you don't win immediately there is physical damage, death threats, and undercover ops. The funny (sad) thing is, they don't see anything out of the ordinary about it.
It’s crazy. Curry was a winning coach there but lost to Auburn twice and had to worry about his dog getting poisoned or something.

Saban took a few shots at the fans in later years but was tough enough and winning enough to take the heat.

I would not follow Saban for all the money in the world right now.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I've said it before, College Football is about the HC, first, and then the starting QB. If you have a TOP HC and an elite starting QB, everything else will follow. You can win occasionally with a decent HC, but long term success takes a special guy on top.
Most definitely. You can watch the 3 Florida schools. When you combine those two, you have NC chances.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I've said it before, College Football is about the HC, first, and then the starting QB. If you have a TOP HC and an elite starting QB, everything else will follow. You can win occasionally with a decent HC, but long term success takes a special guy on top.
If the DC hire goes anything remotely similar to last year’s OC hire, I would say we have a TOP HC. And a consistently top 20 program.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah I’m very optimistic based on how the offensive staff performed vs their on-paper resumes. “Picking the best resume” isn’t a bad strategy if you don’t have good evaluation skills, but it’s not gonna work out as well as being able to spot the gems before they have the best resume.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I hate the reception on ATT......

P Diddy Phone GIF

I couldn't quite get the name......