Potential DC for Next Year

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Will be a HUGE ripple effect throughout college staffing as well as individual football players hitting transfer portal. There will probably even be new hires that won’t ever unpack their stuff at colleges they have recently moved/signed contracts. Key

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Will be a HUGE ripple effect throughout college staffing as well as individual football players hitting transfer portal. There will probably even be new hires that won’t ever unpack their stuff at colleges they have recently moved/signed contracts. Key
Dominos will fall.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Will be a HUGE ripple effect throughout college staffing as well as individual football players hitting transfer portal. There will probably even be new hires that won’t ever unpack their stuff at colleges they have recently moved/signed contracts. Key may come out looking really smart for having waited and seeing who else is job hunting when the dust starts to fly.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Zero if Alabama wants him
Alabama’s entire coaching staff is hoping to retain their jobs there or they’ll be lining up interviews with schools that have vacancies. I believe the appeal of DC at GT has gone up in value as a good up and coming product on the field.
I can’t imagine what the early enrollees must be thinking right now as their first semester in college and Soring practice is lurking just around the corner and they are now lined up to play for a school who no longer has Saban as their coach much less any guarantee that their position coach would remain at the school. I bet these kids parents/agents are hot and some may immediately withdraw or hit the portal and never practice with the team much less stay to see who they hire. Talk about panicking to do damage control.
Will be interesting to see what the outcome is.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Alabama’s entire coaching staff is hoping to retain their jobs there or they’ll be lining up interviews with schools that have vacancies. I believe the appeal of DC at GT has gone up in value as a good up and coming product on the field.
I can’t imagine what the early enrollees must be thinking right now as their first semester in college and Soring practice is lurking just around the corner and they are now lined up to play for a school who no longer has Saban as their coach much less any guarantee that their position coach would remain at the school. I bet these kids parents/agents are hot and some may immediately withdraw or hit the portal and never practice with the team much less stay to see who they hire. Talk about panicking to do damage control.
Will be interesting to see what the outcome is.
One would hope that the retirement of a coach like Saban would be carefully planned for. No evidence yet for that yet. Ideally, you would have the next coach already lined up and have a plan to take care of players and recruits.

Will be crazy to see how this unfolds. NIL was enough chaos to begin with but the tsunami of Saban leaving could wreck a lot of career boats, both players and coaches. We will also see some exciting new faces in some familiar places 😊

As I’ve said before, I think Key was ahead of this storm and planned accordingly.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Kirby Smart is probably throwing a big bash in Athens tonight because his road to a SEC Championship just got a lot easier. Now if a school would/pro team could throw enough money towards Kirby to leave IGA oops UGA then it would be awesome to hear the cries of dawg fans across the country.

TheStolenT

Georgia Tech Fan
Word in Birmingham (I’ve got some pretty well connected tide friends) is that Miss Terry had some pretty bad health news very recently which has led to the sudden decision to retire. Apparently Bama was caught pretty off guard as he was expected to return which is why he was interviewing folks earlier this week

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I been hearing unhappiness from him over the direction of CFB for two years or so now, would not surprise me to see more veteran coaches retire from CFB, lot of them are not finding the chaos that is CFB today to their liking.
We saw that with the legendary ACC BB Coaches so it makes sense for the 70+ coaches.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Kirby Smart is probably throwing a big bash in Athens tonight because his road to a SEC Championship just got a lot easier. Now if a school would/pro team could throw enough money towards Kirby to leave IGA oops UGA then it would be awesome to hear the cries of dawg fans across the country.
I was talking with a dog fan yesterday, and made the comment that Kirby will probably be getting a raise just because the nadlickers don’t want him being interviewed by Alabama. My friend replied that Kirby would never ask for more money, and he would be perfectly happy staying with UGA because that’s where he wants to be. He said Kirby knows that the team is in a great place both from a talent standpoint and from (get this) and academic standpoint. I asked him about the recent report about the graduation success rate with Georgia being 259th out of 260 teams. He said it was fake news. I showed him the data on the NCAA website and he said “well, the NCAA has always had it out for Georgia and fabricated those numbers.” That’s taking denial to a whole new level.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I was talking with a dog fan yesterday, and made the comment that Kirby will probably be getting a raise just because the nadlickers don’t want him being interviewed by Alabama. My friend replied that Kirby would never ask for more money, and he would be perfectly happy staying with UGA because that’s where he wants to be. He said Kirby knows that the team is in a great place both from a talent standpoint and from (get this) and academic standpoint. I asked him about the recent report about the graduation success rate with Georgia being 259th out of 260 teams. He said it was fake news. I showed him the data on the NCAA website and he said “well, the NCAA has always had it out for Georgia and fabricated those numbers.” That’s taking denial to a whole new level.
It’s what they do.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Well, the dog fan was right about one thing, Kirby is in a better spot in Athens than he would be anywhere else in the country. He’s not going anywhere.

Time was Alabama would have been one of the premier coaching destinations in the country. No more. Recruits from Georgia to California to Texas to Florida have strong programs and good coaches much closer to home and NIL money that ranks with anyone. I will be shocked if Alabama is a top 5 team in the next 3-4 years. They can only sell their past glory for so long.