Potential DC for Next Year

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You're new here, right?

Well, don't worry...you'll get used to it.

Sorry, I'm scared to respond because it would be "off-topic".

I'd hate to have someone make a parallel thread threatening people to not make "off-topic conversations!"

Come On Reaction GIF

:censored: ;)

It's the offseason, people.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Dan Quinn?
Have to cough up more than deep pocket Jerry Jones is paying him to even get him to think about it.
"Former Cowboys scout turned analyst Bryan Broaddus reported that Quinn signed a new deal between $4.5 to $5 million salary for 2023 to remain with the Cowboys."
:wideyed:

slugboy

Staff member
As mentioned earlier, the AFCA convention is this week. Among other things, it’s where a ton of head coaches interview assistant coaches

A lot of coaching hire announcements are after this conference

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Have to cough up more than deep pocket Jerry Jones is paying him to even get him to think about it.
"Former Cowboys scout turned analyst Bryan Broaddus reported that Quinn signed a new deal between $4.5 to $5 million salary for 2023 to remain with the Cowboys."
:wideyed:
Even saying Dan Quinn is hilarious at best. If he wants he will be an NFL Head Coach next year. Heck he might even be the Cowboys’ head coach if they flame out in the playoffs 1st round.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sorry, I'm scared to respond because it would be "off-topic".

I'd hate to have someone make a parallel thread threatening people to not make "off-topic conversations!"

Come On Reaction GIF

:censored: ;)

It's the offseason, people.
i don't think you give this internet stuff the appropriate level of respect that it deserves. Some of us do have respect for both the sanctity of the sport and the time of fellow posters and lurkers. ;)

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
We should know pretty soon right? Assuming a proven DC effects recruiting a good bit, they’ll want to wrap things up while there’s still plenty of talent in the portal?

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
We should know pretty soon right? Assuming a proven DC effects recruiting a good bit, they’ll want to wrap things up while there’s still plenty of talent in the portal?
I'm gonna say mid- to late-next week, once the dust has settled from AFCA conference interviews, offers have been made and accepted, and necessary background checks have been completed.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I think Sherrer is a no for DC according to what I have read elsewhere. If true, I still think Key will find a place for him on the field, he deserves it in my opinion.
Sherrer is old and experienced enough he might be fine moving to an off field role for roughly the same pay.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm gonna say mid- to late-next week, once the dust has settled from AFCA conference interviews, offers have been made and accepted, and necessary background checks have been completed.
I hope the guy that helped Angel hire Batt is involved. To hire a top dc we will need to demonstrate a unified team.

yellowjacket144

Georgia Tech Fan
Why would that guy be involved in a non HC hire? Assisstants and coordinators are hires are not facilitated by the athletic department or school admin. It's done by the coaches.
That was my question as well! CBK is going to make his hire. Not a hire that someone else think is good.