Potential DC for Next Year

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
You calling me the 'UNC football' or the 'bama football' of gifs? Cause one usually delivers. The other?
You have put up a number of quality losses this year....

Lose Episode 16 GIF by Wrexham AFC

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I wonder if Key is going down a preference list and hasn't gotten a candidate he wants to commit yet. I would think anyone he is after is in play if they are interested.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You have put up a number of quality losses this year....

Lose Episode 16 GIF by Wrexham AFC

Hang on ....

Writing Pretending To Write GIF by Originals

Oh, dont mind me, just making a list of enemies for '24. Congrats, you made it?

Wonder what the holdup is. Why hasnt it been announced yet?

During the Quinlan video, they said 2 candidates hadn't even interviewed yet and were waiting for Key to return from vacation.

We also need to remember, and I think I'm remembering this right, a job has to be posted for a certain number of days before it can be filled. Since we're a public institute. I'm about 90% sure on that. I'm sure somebody will swoop in to correct me if I'm wrong.

The delay is probably more the 1st reason than the 2nd but, long story long, we probably won't hear anything for a few more days. I'm gonna chill with Tony til then I guess ...

drunk al pacino GIF

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Hang on ....

Writing Pretending To Write GIF by Originals

Oh, dont mind me, just making a list of enemies for '24. Congrats, you made it?

During the Quinlan video, they said 2 candidates hadn't even interviewed yet and were waiting for Key to return from vacation.

We also need to remember, and I think I'm remembering this right, a job has to be posted for a certain number of days before it can be filled. Since we're a public institute. I'm about 90% sure on that. I'm sure somebody will swoop in to correct me if I'm wrong.

The delay is probably more the 1st reason than the 2nd but, long story long, we probably won't hear anything for a few more days. I'm gonna chill with Tony til then I guess ...

drunk al pacino GIF
I don't think this job posting thing is a thing anymore. I don't see any jobs posted on the Georgia Tech website, and if there was a job posting for "defensive coordinator" I'm sure it would've been picked up by the media in some way.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Venables let Roof go and offered him off field job but Teddy wants to keep coaching and will start looking for another school. I think he may prolong his coaching career in G5.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I find it hard to believe we haven’t hired a DC. Even Faulkner was hired around this time last year but he was an off the field analyst so I feel like it was less interruption to team activities. Is it an NFL guy?

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Venables let Roof go and offered him off field job but Teddy wants to keep coaching and will start looking for another school. I think he may prolong his coaching career in G5.

I could see Roof going to GA State potentially even as a head coach some day.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I find it hard to believe we haven’t hired a DC. Even Faulkner was hired around this time last year but he was an off the field analyst so I feel like it was less interruption to team activities. Is it an NFL guy?
Is there anybody coaching in the NFL currently who would make sense for the job? I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head.