Potential DC for Next Year

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
...or the NFL! :cool:
The Big Lebowski What GIF by MOODMAN

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
If Tech is going to hire someone, we'll probably know by the end of this week. Remember, new employees have to go through Tech's background check and more than likely the people responsible for that have been away from Tech during the holidays.
We went from first meeting to press conference in about 48 hours with Stoudamire, over a weekend no less. I don’t think our background check process holds up the hiring process.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
We went from first meeting to press conference in about 48 hours with Stoudamire, over a weekend no less. I don’t think our background check process holds up the hiring process.
Any organization that doesn't perform a background check before hiring is taking a risk.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just reading some comments on Duke's former DC for .... reasons.

girl tells GIF

Funny seems the consensus is the DC was great, hie defenses were excellent ... buuut the new guy used ta work with Diaz so ...

I'm like, if he was great, why not keep him? Methinks this might be a case where 'who ya know' could bite them/Diaz in the arse.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck

girl tells GIF

Funny seems the consensus is the DC was great, hie defenses were excellent ... buuut the new guy used ta work with Diaz so ...

I'm like, if he was great, why not keep him? Methinks this might be a case where 'who ya know' could bite them/Diaz in the arse.
Their loss, our gain. People used to say that Paul Johnson was playing chess while other coaches were playing checkers on the field. Starting to feel that way about Key’s management of the program.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Any organization that doesn't perform a background check before hiring is taking a risk.
Oh, I agree. Wasnt trying to be snarky. I just mean that we often see the implication that background checks might take a week, but examples indicate that things can move much more quickly than that. I feel like that excuse is often used to soft pedal something to manage expectations. It’s a lot easier to say “doing due diligence” than to say “you’re not our first choice, but we want to keep you warm”.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Oh, I agree. Wasnt trying to be snarky. I just mean that we often see the implication that background checks might take a week, but examples indicate that things can move much more quickly than that. I feel like that excuse is often used to soft pedal something to manage expectations. It’s a lot easier to say “doing due diligence” than to say “you’re not our first choice, but we want to keep you warm”.
How many “hot plates” are going in the food line right now? My guess is not many and Key is going with the “chef’s special.”

(Too much metaphor before 9 AM 🤪)

slugboy

Staff member

girl tells GIF

Diaz is taking over a team that overperformed compared to their recruiting rankings, and a lot of players hit the portal. Duke is lower pressure than Miami or Louisville, but they made bowls with Elko and fans will expect continued success.
Manny needs to hit the ground running. He doesn’t have that much slack to discover whether he can work with Elko’s DC. I see why he would cut loose someone successful in favor of a known quantity to him.
It doesn’t reflect badly on the existing staff.

Nice gif work

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Diaz is taking over a team that overperformed compared to their recruiting rankings, and a lot of players hit the portal. Duke is lower pressure than Miami or Louisville, but they made bowls with Elko and fans will expect continued success.
Manny needs to hit the ground running. He doesn’t have that much slack to discover whether he can work with Elko’s DC. I see why he would cut loose someone successful in favor of a known quantity to him.

Nice gif work
He is always a preseason pick to win the national gif championship.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Nice gif work
All this makes sense. I just think it's a decision process that will come back to bite him. It ain't broke but he's tryna fix it. Ah well, sucks for him/them.

In other news, that I care equally passionately about, theres a bird outside.

rachel bilson shrug GIF

He is always a preseason pick to win the national gif championship.

You calling me the 'UNC football' or the 'bama football' of gifs? Cause one usually delivers. The other?

So What Whatever GIF by Mariah Carey

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
All this makes sense. I just think it's a decision process that will come back to bite him. It ain't broke but he's tryna fix it. Ah well, sucks for him/them.

In other news, that I care equally passionately about, theres a bird outside.

rachel bilson shrug GIF

You calling me the 'UNC football' or the 'bama football' of gifs? Cause one usually delivers. The other?

So What Whatever GIF by Mariah Carey
I think your preseason ranking puts you so high that any underperformance on your part during the season is negated.

Robbie Lawler Sport GIF by UFC